Rockshox Oil replacement

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Twrud, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Twrud

    Twrud Guest

    Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to replace the stock oil with.
    Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork oil. Appreciate the help.

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "TWRud" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to
    replace
    > the stock oil with. Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork
    oil.
    > Appreciate the help.

    I used Castrol motorbike fork oil of the appropriate weight in my Judy C and it worked just fine, at
    a fraction of the cost of a proprietary oil.

    Andy Chequer

  3. TWRud wrote:

    > Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to replace the stock oil with.
    > Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork oil. Appreciate the help.

    Bike shops often sell fork oil, and motorcycle shops carry it as well. Either works and both are
    expensive.

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Eric Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > TWRud wrote:
    >
    > > Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to
    replace
    > > the stock oil with. Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork
    oil.
    > > Appreciate the help.
    >
    > Bike shops often sell fork oil, and motorcycle shops carry it as well.
    Either
    > works and both are expensive.

    IME Motorcycle shop fork oil is a better value. You get a quart for the same price as a pint or less
    of bicycle shop oil.

    Mike