Rockshox Oil replacement

Twrud

Guest
Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to replace the stock oil with.
Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork oil. Appreciate the help.

"TWRud" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to
replace
> the stock oil with. Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork
oil.
> Appreciate the help.

I used Castrol motorbike fork oil of the appropriate weight in my Judy C and it worked just fine, at
a fraction of the cost of a proprietary oil.

Andy Chequer

TWRud wrote:

> Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to replace the stock oil with.
> Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork oil. Appreciate the help.

Bike shops often sell fork oil, and motorcycle shops carry it as well. Either works and both are
expensive.

"Eric Lafferty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> TWRud wrote:
>
> > Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to
replace
> > the stock oil with. Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork
oil.
> > Appreciate the help.
>
> Bike shops often sell fork oil, and motorcycle shops carry it as well.
Either
> works and both are expensive.

IME Motorcycle shop fork oil is a better value. You get a quart for the same price as a pint or less
of bicycle shop oil.

Mike