Rockshox Oil Replacement?

Twrud

Guest
Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to replace the stock oil with.
Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork oil. Appreciate the help.

RE/
>Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to replace the stock oil with.
>Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork oil. Appreciate the help.

I got a quart of "Special Performance grade 7.5 fork oil" from a local BMW motorcycle shop for my
Marzocci's.
-----------------------
Pete Cresswell

"(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> RE/
> >Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to
replace
> >the stock oil with. Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork
oil.
> >Appreciate the help.
>
> I got a quart of "Special Performance grade 7.5 fork oil" from a local BMW motorcycle shop for my
> Marzocci's.

It's great if you can get that, because it's so much cheaper than the bicycle brands. The problem is
finding it in a low enough viscosity. Many motorcycle shops only stock the heavier stuff.

You can indeed use ATF, again, if you can find it in the right viscosity. The problem is that ATF
isn't rated for viscosity, so the stuff you get can be anywhere from 3W to 12W. But around 7W is
common, so your chances are pretty good. Give it a whirl if you don't mind having to take the thing
apart again if it doesn't work. Because this can be a pain, I'm inclined to have the correct oil on
hand ahead of time.

Matt O.