Rockshox Oil Replacement?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Twrud, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Twrud

    Twrud Guest

    Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to replace the stock oil with.
    Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork oil. Appreciate the help.

    Tags:

  2. x

    x Guest

    RE/
    >Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to replace the stock oil with.
    >Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork oil. Appreciate the help.

    I got a quart of "Special Performance grade 7.5 fork oil" from a local BMW motorcycle shop for my
    Marzocci's.
    -----------------------
    Pete Cresswell

  3. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:cqc83vstcorf25pg[email protected]...

    > RE/
    > >Rebuilding my Judy C shocks and was wondering what people are using to
    replace
    > >the stock oil with. Read some past posts about ATF of Motorcycle fork
    oil.
    > >Appreciate the help.
    >
    > I got a quart of "Special Performance grade 7.5 fork oil" from a local BMW motorcycle shop for my
    > Marzocci's.

    It's great if you can get that, because it's so much cheaper than the bicycle brands. The problem is
    finding it in a low enough viscosity. Many motorcycle shops only stock the heavier stuff.

    You can indeed use ATF, again, if you can find it in the right viscosity. The problem is that ATF
    isn't rated for viscosity, so the stuff you get can be anywhere from 3W to 12W. But around 7W is
    common, so your chances are pretty good. Give it a whirl if you don't mind having to take the thing
    apart again if it doesn't work. Because this can be a pain, I'm inclined to have the correct oil on
    hand ahead of time.

    Matt O.