RockShox V-brake studs

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Chris, Mar 20, 2003.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Against my better judgement, I installed an '02 Duke SL 80mm on a hardtial I built up...I know, I
    know, I wanted a Zoke, but if you got a brand new Duke for $100, you'd put it on your ride too.

    Anyway, the fork didn't come with v-brake studs, supplied or mounted. I grabbed some out of my
    shop's parts bin, but the threads were too big. I went to another shop, got studs there, and alas,
    they didn't fit either. Our parts supplier only lists one size of stud - the one I have - and it was
    the same at the shop across town.

    I have the RS part number for (what should have been) factory studs, but I don't feel like special
    ordering the part - because I don't want to pay for
    it.

    Anybody know what I'm looking for? Anybody have some blown out RS they're about to Ebay, and want to
    set me up with the studs? The only thing I can offer in trade is a new set of QR skewers...the only
    problem with them is they say "Bontrager" on the lever.

    Before someone comes back with the standard "rockshox.com" reply...duh. Besides, I work at an
    "official authorized RockShox dealer" so I don't really need to e-mail customer service.

    Chris

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Against my better judgment, I installed an '02 Duke SL 80mm on a hardtial I built up...I know, I
    > know, I wanted a Zoke, but if you got a brand new Duke for $100, you'd put it on your ride too.

    No, actually still wouldn't

    > Anyway, the fork didn't come with v-brake studs, supplied or mounted. I grabbed some out of my
    > shop's parts bin, but the threads were too big. I went to another shop, got studs there, and alas,
    > they didn't fit either. Our parts supplier only lists one size of stud - the one I have - and it
    > was the same at the shop across town.
    >
    > I have the RS part number for (what should have been) factory studs, but I don't feel like special
    > ordering the part - because I don't want to pay for
    > it.
    >
    > Anybody know what I'm looking for? Anybody have some blown out RS they're about to Ebay, and want
    > to set me up with the studs? The only thing I can offer in trade is a new set of QR skewers...the
    > only problem with them is they say "Bontrager" on the lever.
    >
    > Before someone comes back with the standard "rockshox.com" reply...duh. Besides, I work at an
    > "official authorized RockShox dealer" so I don't really need to e-mail customer service.
    >
    > Chris

    I have a pair off a 2001 Judy. Don't know if they're the right size for you, but you're
    welcome to them.
    --
    Slacker

  3. > >
    > > Anybody know what I'm looking for? Anybody have some blown out RS they're about to Ebay, and
    > > want to set me up with the studs? The only thing I can offer in trade is a new set of QR
    > > skewers...the only problem with them is they say "Bontrager" on the lever.
    > >
    > > Before someone comes back with the standard "rockshox.com" reply...duh. Besides, I work at an
    > > "official authorized RockShox dealer" so I don't really need to e-mail customer service.
    > >
    > > Chris
    >

    > I have a pair off a 2001 Judy. Don't know if they're the right size for you, but you're welcome
    > to them.
    > --
    > Slacker

    Rock shox make a part that fits more than one model? That's unpossible!
    --
    _________________________

  4. Chris

    Chris Guest

    > I have a pair off a 2001 Judy. Don't know if they're the right size for
    you, but you're welcome to them.
    > --
    > Slacker

    The online service manuals for the '02 Duke and the '01 Judy give the same RS part numbers for both
    sets of brake studs, so it looks like yours would fit.

    Let me know what you want for them (I can send the skewers if you want, or a couple of bucks).

    I tried e-mailing directly, but I got an undeliverable...go ahead and e-mail me for my address.

    Thanks, man.

    Chris

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > I have a pair off a 2001 Judy. Don't know if they're the right size for
    > you, but you're welcome to them.
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    >
    > The online service manuals for the '02 Duke and the '01 Judy give the same RS part numbers for
    > both sets of brake studs, so it looks like yours would fit.
    >
    > Let me know what you want for them (I can send the skewers if you want, or a couple of bucks).
    >
    > I tried e-mailing directly, but I got an undeliverable...go ahead and e-mail me for my address.
    >
    > Thanks, man.
    >
    > Chris

    I'm a frig'n dumbass! After looking at them they're not the studs from Judy, but from the rear end
    of my old i-drive. Now I remember giving my fork (studs attached) with my old brake set-up to a
    friend when I upgraded to a Z1/Hayes.

    Sorry man, didn't mean to get your hopes up like that.
    --
    Slacker

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Slacker wrote:

    > I'm a frig'n dumbass!

    Duh! Tell us something we don't know.

  7. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > Slacker wrote:
    >
    > > I'm a frig'n dumbass!
    >
    > Duh! Tell us something we don't know.

    Now, was it really necessary to make me cry on a Friday?
    --
    Slacker - still recovering from JD's post

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Slacker wrote:

    >>>I'm a frig'n dumbass!
    >>
    >>Duh! Tell us something we don't know.
    >
    > Now, was it really necessary to make me cry on a Friday?

    Sorry, but it's Saturday here. Apologies, I didn't want to make you cry on Friday.

    > Slacker - still recovering from JD's post

    Don't worry. Weight loss can still be achieved without chronic illness.

    Just stop eating pies.

  9. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > >>Duh! Tell us something we don't know.
    > >
    > > Now, was it really necessary to make me cry on a Friday?
    >
    > Sorry, but it's Saturday here. Apologies, I didn't want to make you cry on Friday.
    >
    > > Slacker - still recovering from JD's post
    >
    > Don't worry. Weight loss can still be achieved without chronic illness.
    >
    > Just stop eating pies.

    hehehe....ROTFL!!!
    --
    Slacker

  10. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > Against my better judgement, I installed an '02 Duke SL 80mm on a hardtial
    > built up...I know, I know, I wanted a Zoke, but if you got a brand new
    Duke
    > for $100, you'd put it on your ride too.
    >
    > Anyway, the fork didn't come with v-brake studs, supplied or mounted. I grabbed some out of my
    > shop's parts bin, but the threads were too big. I went to another shop, got studs there, and alas,
    > they didn't fit either. Our parts supplier only lists one size of stud - the one I have - and it
    was
    > the same at the shop across town.
    >
    > I have the RS part number for (what should have been) factory studs, but I don't feel like special
    > ordering the part - because I don't want to pay
    for
    > it.
    >
    > Anybody know what I'm looking for? Anybody have some blown out RS they're about to Ebay, and want
    > to set me up with the studs? The only thing I can offer in trade is a new set of QR skewers...the
    > only problem with them is they say "Bontrager" on the lever.
    >
    > Before someone comes back with the standard "rockshox.com" reply...duh. Besides, I work at an
    > "official authorized RockShox dealer" so I don't really need to e-mail customer service.

    Chris -- just removed the studs from an old '98 Judy SL Windchime (only hurt the tip of my middle
    finger doing it; much less carnage than usual); they're yours if you want 'em. (Now that Slacker's
    deal fell thru.)

    E-me your address (remove 'biteme')...

    Bill "studly" S.

  11. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > "Chris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Against my better judgement, I installed an '02 Duke SL 80mm on a hardtial
    > > built up...I know, I know, I wanted a Zoke, but if you got a brand new
    > Duke
    > > for $100, you'd put it on your ride too.
    > >
    > > Anyway, the fork didn't come with v-brake studs, supplied or mounted. I grabbed some out of my
    > > shop's parts bin, but the threads were too big. I went to another shop, got studs there, and
    > > alas, they didn't fit either. Our parts supplier only lists one size of stud - the one I have -
    > > and it
    > was
    > > the same at the shop across town.
    > >
    > > I have the RS part number for (what should have been) factory studs, but I don't feel like
    > > special ordering the part - because I don't want to pay
    > for
    > > it.
    > >
    > > Anybody know what I'm looking for? Anybody have some blown out RS they're about to Ebay, and
    > > want to set me up with the studs? The only thing I can offer in trade is a new set of QR
    > > skewers...the only problem with them is they say "Bontrager" on the lever.
    > >
    > > Before someone comes back with the standard "rockshox.com" reply...duh. Besides, I work at an
    > > "official authorized RockShox dealer" so I don't really need to e-mail customer service.
    >
    > Chris -- just removed the studs from an old '98 Judy SL Windchime (only hurt the tip of my middle
    > finger doing it; much less carnage than usual); they're yours if you want 'em. (Now that Slacker's
    > deal fell thru.)
    >
    > E-me your address (remove 'biteme')...
    >
    > Bill "studly" S.

    Show off