Rode My first Metric Century Today

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by jonathanburris, Dec 29, 2006.

1. jonathanburris

jonathanburris New Member

I know this may sound minor to many of you, but I wanted to thank all of you who have posted in these forums. I am a relatively new cyclist. This is my first real season of somewhat "serious" training. I started the season very late (July). I am one year removed from my second ACL reconstruction (both knees). I had been riding once to three times per week (around an hour per session) up until about September when I stepped it up. My biggest limiter has been frequent tendonitis in my knees. My longest ride until today has only been 35 miles.

Today, I rode 63 miles - my first metric century. It was a solo ride. My stats are nothing to brag about, but nevertheless I wanted to share them with everyone.

(from CyclingPeaks - Power Tap Import)
    Entire workout (135 watts):
    Duration: 3:56:07
    Work: 1912 kJ
    TSS: 272.7 (intensity factor 0.833)
    Norm Power: 167
    VI: 1.23
    Distance: 62.886 mi
    Min Max Avg
    Power: 0 767 135 watts
    Heart rate: 24 207 164 bpm
    Cadence: 25 141 90 rpm
    Speed: 0 34.8 16.0 mph
    Pace 1:43 0:00 3:45 min/mi
    Hub Torque: 0 305 65 lb-in
    Crank Torque: 0 806 133 lb-in

Intake: 2 water bottles and 3 gel packs.
    Terrain: Lots of hills.

Again, the stats are nothing great. However, this is a huge milestone for me and I just wanted to share it with you guys. Thanks again for all your tips and opinions.

JB

Tags:

2. NomadVW

NomadVW New Member

Great job on accomplishing this! I know a lot of people that cycle that never go more than 30-40miles, so the more you stretch your distance the smaller group of cyclists you put yourself in.

I gotta wonder though! Only 2 water bottles in 4 hours? Even in cold weather, I'm at least a bottle an hour. It's hard in the cold weather, but hydration is just as important.

Congrats again!

3. Alex Simmons

Alex Simmons Member

Not at all. Well done. I remember my first time doing 100km (I was on an MTB, didn't have a road bike). I had a big grin that day. Didn't have power meters back then either. But you sure have the right tools to keep improving from here.

2 x 2 x ACL - ouch!!:eek:

4. RapDaddyo

RapDaddyo Active Member

I'm smiling because I think my first long ride (100 miles) after a long layoff was almost exactly 167W NP. Need I say, well done!;)

5. vadiver

vadiver New Member

Great job!