ROL Race SL v. Bontrager Race Lite Wheels

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by IndyRider, Jun 20, 2007.

1. IndyRider

IndyRider New Member

Any thoughts on this comparison for a rider (5'8" 160 lbs.) who uses his wheels for both training and racing? Thanks.

Tags:

2. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

I can't comment on on the ROL Race SL but the Bontrager Race Lite Wheels are the best wheels i have ever ridden on, and that is saying a lot. I inadvertently bought them, scratched my nose at an auction, but I'm glad I did it.

3. azdroptop

azdroptop New Member

I have the opposite opinion of the race lites. I hated them. I was about 185 to 190 when I road them on my Lemond and they came out of true consistantly and then a nipple pulled through the rim. I have never ridden the Rol wheels, but the guy who runs the company will email you back and he gave me his personal cell when I inquired about them.

4. John M

John M New Member

I also vote NO on the Race Lites. I have a pair and the rear freehub has more drag than any of my Campy or Shimano wheels and the rear hub has also been hard to get the cones just right on. I have not had too many problems with the wheel going out of true on the rear, but the front has been problematic. I am about 145-150.

I don't know about ROL, but I would steer away from the Race Lite.