Role of Heras?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by User968758, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. User968758

    User968758 Guest

    As a newbie, can I ask a question and get a cordial reply (w/o being called a troll, or a dumbass,
    or the usual epithets that are common here?

    In last year's TdF, Heras led Armstrong through many of the mountain stages. He doesn't seem to have
    been anywhere near as visible in this role this year. Has his role on the team changed? Comments?

    Tags:

  2. Rayneman

    Rayneman Guest

    Pay attention dumbass, he's been sick...

    Glad I could help, Ray

    User968758 wrote:
    > As a newbie, can I ask a question and get a cordial reply (w/o being called a troll, or a dumbass,
    > or the usual epithets that are common here?
    >
    > In last year's TdF, Heras led Armstrong through many of the mountain stages. He doesn't seem to
    > have been anywhere near as visible in this role this year. Has his role on the team changed?
    > Comments?

  3. "User968758" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > As a newbie, can I ask a question and get a cordial reply (w/o being
    called a
    > troll, or a dumbass, or the usual epithets that are common here?
    >
    > In last year's TdF, Heras led Armstrong through many of the mountain
    stages. He
    > doesn't seem to have been anywhere near as visible in this role this year.
    Has
    > his role on the team changed? Comments?

    No role change; he just hasn't had the same form, a bit like his captain. It happens; good thing
    they picked up Beltran.

  4. User968758

    User968758 Guest

    >From: rayneman [email protected]

    >Pay attention dumbass, he's been sick...
    >
    >Glad I could help, Ray

    Some people just aren't worth bothering with. Killfile for you, nitwit.

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

    >As a newbie, can I ask a question and get a cordial reply (w/o being called a troll, or a dumbass,
    >or the usual epithets that are common here?

    You are asking too much. No question, no matter how relevant, gets off without a few insults. :)

    >In last year's TdF, Heras led Armstrong through many of the mountain stages. He doesn't seem to
    >have been anywhere near as visible in this role this year. Has his role on the team changed?
    >Comments?

    He was around, but this year there are more climbers on the team to share the load, so he is
    "resting". He probably has his sights on the Vuelta and is just along for the ride and to
    contribute, as necessary, towards Lance' win.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  6. Trg

    Trg Guest

    He was reported to be ill and had started to take antibiotics. With two rivals within 18 seconds to
    Lance in the Pyrenees, I hardly think Brunell would have Heras "resting".

    "Alex Rodriguez" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected]
    > says...
    >
    > >As a newbie, can I ask a question and get a cordial reply (w/o being
    called a
    > >troll, or a dumbass, or the usual epithets that are common here?
    >
    > You are asking too much. No question, no matter how relevant, gets off without a few insults. :)
    >
    > >In last year's TdF, Heras led Armstrong through many of the mountain
    stages.
    > >He doesn't seem to have been anywhere near as visible in this role this
    year. Has
    > >his role on the team changed? Comments?
    >
    > He was around, but this year there are more climbers on the team to share
    the
    > load, so he is "resting". He probably has his sights on the Vuelta and is just along for the ride
    > and to contribute, as necessary, towards Lance' win.

  7. Raptor

    Raptor Guest

    User968758 wrote:
    > As a newbie, can I ask a question and get a cordial reply (w/o being called a troll, or a dumbass,
    > or the usual epithets that are common here?
    >
    > In last year's TdF, Heras led Armstrong through many of the mountain stages. He doesn't seem to
    > have been anywhere near as visible in this role this year. Has his role on the team changed?
    > Comments?

    You missed, or forget, Alpe d'Huez. He was stellar then, blasting all he had at the lead group,
    recovering his breath, then recovering his position. I think he did three attacks on that climb for
    LANCE. Word is, he's sick and noodling now.