Rolf Sestrierre Wheels - Servicing? Spares? Help!

BLADERUNNER

Aug 13, 2003
Hello people!

I have a set of rolf sestrierre wheels, 700c clinchers. They came with an old 1999 trek oclv.

Anyhow, i need to know how to service these things, and where to get spare spokes (ti) etc.

The rolf website refers you to trek, since these wheels where manufactured when there was a trek / rolf where a partnership.

However, my trek dealers aint got a clue.

So, anyone out there know where i can get some service instructions, maybe an exploded view of the hubs etc. And what about spare ti spokes for these babies.

Roy

Originally posted by BLADERUNNER
Hello people!

I have a set of rolf sestrierre wheels, 700c clinchers. They came with an old 1999 trek oclv.

Anyhow, i need to know how to service these things, and where to get spare spokes (ti) etc.

The rolf website refers you to trek, since these wheels where manufactured when there was a trek / rolf where a partnership.

However, my trek dealers aint got a clue.

So, anyone out there know where i can get some service instructions, maybe an exploded view of the hubs etc. And what about spare ti spokes for these babies.

Roy
They are Huji hubs by DT swiss. There use to be service info on the DT swiss site. The current high end Bontrager wheels,use the same hubs I think, so the LBS must be populated by morons, which would be nothing new...Mine ain't got No Ti spokes. What's up with that?

eBay is a good place to look for parts or used wheels for parts.

My back wheel only lasted me about 700 miles. Brooke a spoke on a decent and didn't notice untill it was too late.

So I have a good front wheel, and a back wheel that would only be good for parts.
The freewheel part that accepts the cassette is trashed (the cassette pulled forward inthe soft metal and now has little grooves that line up with where the cassette sat).

I've been thinking about putting mine up on ebay for a while, but have been too lazy. PM Me if you are interested.

I have a set of the Rolf's on my bike. I am not much up on the bearing workings, but I have broken some spokes. I just took it the LBS and had it replaced. I could not tell you exactly what the spokes are made of, but does not appear to be any fancy metal types. And there are round, not the flat type on some high end wheel sets. I think Boudreaux said it right, morons at the shop. Try a new shop.

Ron

I found rims and hubs for a set of Vector Pros on ebay cheap. One Trek dealer didn't have a clue. The other ordered the spokes and built them up. I'm still riding them, two years later.

You might ask around local cycling clubs for an ace wheelbuilder in your area. Don't know about the Sestrierre wheels, but the Vector Pros were tricky to work on, with low spoke count and bladed spokes.