Rolf stickers

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ethan Smith, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ethan Smith

    Ethan Smith Guest

    Does anyone know where I can get Rolf Vector stickers for my wheel? They are slowly peeling off.

    Ethan

    Tags:

  2. H. M. Leary

    H. M. Leary Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Ethan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Does anyone know where I can get Rolf Vector stickers for my wheel? They are slowly peeling off.
    >
    > Ethan

    http://www.rolfprima.com

    ????

  3. Don Demair

    Don Demair Guest

    Ethan Smith <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]edu...
    > Does anyone know where I can get Rolf Vector stickers for my wheel? They are slowly peeling off.
    >
    > Ethan

    Same problem here. It's kind of annoying because I think the wheel would look just fine without
    them, but if you remove them, it will leave a mark that looks even worse.

    Anyway, I managed to re-glue the peeling edges with a very, very small amount of CA (superglue). If
    you do this, be sure to use the very tiniest amount because CA vapors will leave a permanent residue
    that will make it look worse yet again.

    Ride on, them Rolfs, Don

  4. Ethan Smith

    Ethan Smith Guest

    Rold Prima is a new entity that is entirely separate from previous Rolf wheels (built for Treks) and
    they don't service them. I'm also going to contact Trek.

    Ethan.

    "H. M. Leary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, "Ethan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know where I can get Rolf Vector stickers for my wheel?
    They
    > > are slowly peeling off.
    > >
    > > Ethan
    > >

    > http://www.rolfprima.com
    >
    > ????
    >
    > --
    > ³Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness³
    >
    > - Tomb of the unknown - American Revolution

  5. Chluu907

    Chluu907 Guest

    You guys might want to try Googone to remove the adhesive left behind by the old sticker. You'll
    have a clean looking wheel.

    Claude

  6. Hunrobe

    Hunrobe Guest

    wrote:

    >Same problem here. It's kind of annoying because I think the wheel would look just fine without
    >them, but if you remove them, it will leave a mark that looks even worse.
    >
    >Anyway, I managed to re-glue the peeling edges with a very, very small amount of CA (superglue). If
    >you do this, be sure to use the very tiniest amount because CA vapors will leave a permanent
    >residue that will make it look worse yet again.

    If those stickers are still intact other alternatives might be 3M's spray-on automotive trim
    adhesive or West Marine's two part epoxy. You can get the former in most auto parts stores- try the
    independent jobbers first since the large chains seldom carry a wide selection of chemical products-
    and the latter is available in 'hobby size' packages at many hobby and craft stores as well as
    almost any boatyard supply store. The epoxy is a little expensive but it has a wide range of other
    applications.

    Regards, Bob Hunt