Rolf stickers

Ethan Smith

Guest
Does anyone know where I can get Rolf Vector stickers for my wheel? They are slowly peeling off.

Ethan

Ethan Smith <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know where I can get Rolf Vector stickers for my wheel? They are slowly peeling off.
>
> Ethan

Same problem here. It's kind of annoying because I think the wheel would look just fine without
them, but if you remove them, it will leave a mark that looks even worse.

Anyway, I managed to re-glue the peeling edges with a very, very small amount of CA (superglue). If
you do this, be sure to use the very tiniest amount because CA vapors will leave a permanent residue
that will make it look worse yet again.

Ride on, them Rolfs, Don

Rold Prima is a new entity that is entirely separate from previous Rolf wheels (built for Treks) and
they don't service them. I'm also going to contact Trek.

Ethan.

"H. M. Leary" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Ethan Smith" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know where I can get Rolf Vector stickers for my wheel?
They
> > are slowly peeling off.
> >
> > Ethan
> >

> http://www.rolfprima.com
>
> ????
>
> --
> ³Freedom Is a Light for Which Many Have Died in Darkness³
>
> - Tomb of the unknown - American Revolution

You guys might want to try Googone to remove the adhesive left behind by the old sticker. You'll
have a clean looking wheel.

Claude

wrote:

>Same problem here. It's kind of annoying because I think the wheel would look just fine without
>them, but if you remove them, it will leave a mark that looks even worse.
>
>Anyway, I managed to re-glue the peeling edges with a very, very small amount of CA (superglue). If
>you do this, be sure to use the very tiniest amount because CA vapors will leave a permanent
>residue that will make it look worse yet again.

If those stickers are still intact other alternatives might be 3M's spray-on automotive trim
adhesive or West Marine's two part epoxy. You can get the former in most auto parts stores- try the
independent jobbers first since the large chains seldom carry a wide selection of chemical products-
and the latter is available in 'hobby size' packages at many hobby and craft stores as well as
almost any boatyard supply store. The epoxy is a little expensive but it has a wide range of other
applications.

Regards, Bob Hunt