Rolf Wheels

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valer, May 9, 2003.

  1. Tags:

  2. I'm a typical rbr fatty, I'm sure I would flatten those wheels. I need some wheels with some beef in
    them, like Rolfs.

    > Here:
    >
    > http://www.amclassic.com/420_Wheels.html
    >
    > Same thing as the Rolf Vigor, but better.

  3. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Then you are better off with the amclassics. You can add spokes to them. The Rolfs are the same rim
    but you can't change the specs.

    > I'm a typical rbr fatty, I'm sure I would flatten those wheels. I need
    some
    > wheels with some beef in them, like Rolfs.
    >

    > > Here:
    > >
    > > http://www.amclassic.com/420_Wheels.html
    > >
    > > Same thing as the Rolf Vigor, but better.

  4. > Where can you buy the new Rolf Wheels? They seem to be selling like hotcakes, but where?

    Don't know where you live, but we sell them, and your local shop shouldn't have that much trouble
    ordering them. Production is a bit back-logged at the moment though (about a two-week waiting list
    at the moment).

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles Redwood City & Los Altos, CA http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

  5. "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > Then you are better off with the amclassics. You can add spokes to them. The Rolfs are the same
    > rim but you can't change the specs.
    >

    > "Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >>
    >> I'm a typical rbr fatty, I'm sure I would flatten those wheels. I need
    > some
    >> wheels with some beef in them, like Rolfs.
    >>

    >> > Here:
    >> >
    >> > http://www.amclassic.com/420_Wheels.html
    >> >
    >> > Same thing as the Rolf Vigor, but better.

    Nick is right. Also, with Rolf's paired spoke lacing, if your fatty rbr ass hits a pot hole and
    you break a spoke, you will be thumbing a ride home. With the American Classic wheels, you will
    have to open your break calipers, and twist the broken spoke around another. But, you will able to
    ride it home.

    Just my $0.02.

    - Boyd S.

  6. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Nick is right.

    > With the American Classic wheels, you will have to open your break calipers, and twist the broken
    > spoke around another. But, you will able to ride it home.
    >
    > Just my $0.02.
    >
    > - Boyd S.

    Funny that is the same thing I did with My Vector Pros when I blew a spoke Dave

  7. > Funny that is the same thing I did with My Vector Pros when I blew a spoke Dave

    There's a misconception that paired-spoke wheels would have a problem is a single spoke failed, but
    my experience has shown that not to be the case. I lost a rear spoke on a Rolf Vector Pro a couple
    years ago and had no issue riding home (and the chainstay clearance on my Y-Foil wasn't very large).
    And then last week I was riding with a guy on a time trial bike (TREK Hilo) who broke a front spoke
    on a 650C Vector Pro (severe corrosion; the guy lives in a fog bank near the ocean). Same thing; he
    kept riding without a problem.

  8. "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Boyd Speerschneider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > Nick is right.
    >
    > > With the American Classic wheels, you will have to open your break calipers, and twist the
    > > broken spoke around another. But, you will able to ride it home.
    > >
    > > Just my $0.02.
    > >
    > > - Boyd S.
    >
    > Funny that is the same thing I did with My Vector Pros when I blew a spoke Dave

    Good of you to delete the part of BS's original post which said "if your fatty rbr ass hits a pot
    hole and you break a spoke" since you are so obviously a fat rbr ass.

    Max, less fat rbr ass than DH, Laycock

  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    news:[email protected]...

    > > Funny that is the same thing I did with My Vector Pros when I blew a spoke Dave
    >
    > Good of you to delete the part of BS's original post which said "if your fatty rbr ass hits a pot
    > hole and you break a spoke" since you are so obviously a fat rbr ass.
    >
    > Max, less fat rbr ass than DH, Laycock

    could do this with an American classic wheel", "I said I did the same with a Rolf."

    Dave