Rollbar (seemed) 2b a good idea

Joshua Goldberg

Guest
Those promised pics of my trike will be delayed a week. I was "showing off" my expert High Speed
driving skills to my wife and some neigbours when I drove beneath a Metal Cabinet in the Underground
parking garage and Cleaned off the Rollbar. Seems I was NOT as low as I thought I was. Weird coming
to a dead stop from 20 mph to nothing in a split second. I was fine, but the Metal Cabinet that
holds the Fire Hose and Fire Extinguisher has bought the farm and the Rollbar was bent backwards to
the point it now looks like I should hang Panniers from it. I am installing a Cobra Hardshell Sunday
(without the Rollbar) and am NOT going to ride in the garage. My (well heated) garage btw is 180,000
sq. feet with only 24 cars parked in it, one heck of an indoor riding track in winter.

OK, forget the bike pics, I want to see this garage!!

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 00:55:55 -0500, "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:

>off the Rollbar. Seems I was NOT as low as I thought I was. Weird coming to a dead stop from 20 mph
>to nothing in a split second. I was fine, but the Metal Cabinet that holds the Fire Hose and Fire
>Extinguisher has bought the farm and the Rollbar was bent backwards to the point it now looks like
>I should hang Panniers from it.

I'm glad you are OK. How did you avoid getting thrown off the trike and hurting yourself?

I too keep forgetting that my head is not the highest point of my trike. Fortunately there's nothing
rigid above my head, but I've scraped the flag many times.

The seat and the rollbar were joined and I had a 2 inch wide seatbelt. When I post the trike pics
with the new Cobra I'll add a shot of the Rollbar/Seat B4 it got whacked. "Ken Kobayashi"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 00:55:55 -0500, "Joshua Goldberg" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >off the Rollbar. Seems I was NOT as low as I thought I was. Weird coming
> >a dead stop from 20 mph to nothing in a split second. I was fine, but the Metal Cabinet that
> >holds the Fire Hose and Fire Extinguisher has bought
the
> >farm and the Rollbar was bent backwards to the point it now looks like I should hang Panniers
> >from it.
>
> I'm glad you are OK. How did you avoid getting thrown off the trike and hurting yourself?
>
> I too keep forgetting that my head is not the highest point of my trike. Fortunately there's
> nothing rigid above my head, but I've scraped the flag many times.
>
> Ken Kobayashi [email protected] http://solarwww.mtk.nao.ac.jp/kobayashi/personal/

I should have stated the size differently (to show the large size) it is 300 feet by 600 feet (10
foot clearance). Very bright and climate controlled. Most of the 24 cars are under tarps
(Porsche/Jags/Lincolns and a Mint "Electra 225"). All the cars are in one small section and the
balance is a huge, wide open space that makes a great place to ride. No point in using a
Trainer/Roller when U have such a large riding space available.