Roller Advice

hammonjj

Aug 21, 2007
It's gets cold and snowy in my hometown during the winter, so I've been looking into getting a set of roller. Any advice?

BTW I'm a college student, so money is a bit of an issue.

Thanks
James

Hi

Elite's Fluid trainers are great. It Takes off a lot of stress not to have to worry about your balance like in a roller, plus not to worry about level-difficulty adjustments. Just choose a gear you can spin for 30 to 40 minutes and set your favourite TV or Radio program :) of course you can even operate the remote control while riding !

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Fluid-Alu-Trainer-Yellow/dp/B000BOA7OE

Regards
P.S. You can shift gears just like you do when road riding (making your workout easier or harder)

hammonjj said:
It's gets cold and snowy in my hometown during the winter, so I've been looking into getting a set of roller. Any advice?

Thanks
James
Do you already have a trainer? I've been using a set of Kreitler Alloy rollers with headwind and flywheel for ~12 years - love 'em. One word of caution - they are a pain in the ass to take to races and I'm looking for a rear wheel unit that I can more easily toss in the back of the car (Kurt Kinetic?).

The link that Alex posted is a good review of the rollers available. I have to ask, why do you want a set of rollers?

Dave

youhaditcoming said:
Hi

Elite's Fluid trainers are great. It Takes off a lot of stress not to have to worry about your balance like in a roller, plus not to worry about level-difficulty adjustments. Just choose a gear you can spin for 30 to 40 minutes and set your favourite TV or Radio program :) of course you can even operate the remote control while riding !

http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Fluid-Alu-Trainer-Yellow/dp/B000BOA7OE

Regards
P.S. You can shift gears just like you do when road riding (making your workout easier or harder)
PS - you can shift gears on rollers too ;)

hammonjj said:

Thanks
James
Go with rollers. If your pedal stroke is choppy you will know it.

dkrenik:
I have to ask, why do you want a set of rollers?

hammonjj:
It's gets cold and snowy in my hometown during the winter

I just got a set of rollers and, let me tell you, it's really obvious where my major faults are now!

Get some ROLLERS - trainers are too boring. I have both and if I really can't get out on the road then I always go for the rollers.

I got mine secondhand for $80 or $90 and they're great.
:)