Roller Racing

clarion

Jan 28, 2003
We have successfully started a roller racing series in South Manchester with a couple of other clubs. The set of racing rollers we use are pretty old & domestic. Also there are only two sets & we are looking for a four set linked to a dial.
We get the rollers set up on our club night, which is held at the local pub. It has created a lot of interest & not just with the cyclists.
Anyone know of such a roller racing set?
See attached picture.

I did some roller racing years ago, its pretty cool, much better than sitting on a trainer by your self :D

Do you have any photos with riders rather than just the equipment?

cheers!

On Friday 26th March after the monthly critical mass bike ride Great Northern Rollers present their first ever Roller Race.

The event starts at 7.30pm PROMPT at the Lass O Gowrie Pub, Charles St. Opposite the BBC.

Roller racing was popular in 1950s Britain, often preceding films at the cinema or taking place in between dances at dance halls. Roller racing has a long history going back to the beginning of cycling, however Goldsprints are closely related to bicycle messenger culture. It began in Zurich, Switzerland. The name and the event was founded in 1997 by Adrien Weber who is a passionate cyclist and owner of the only brewery in Zurich, Turbinenbräu. The event is named after their beer brand "Gold-Sprint".

With our new state of the art set up which includes Kreitler Rollers and the amazing Opensprints software we are bringing Goldsprints to the North. Our Track bikes are brand new and kindly donated by Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative.

We hope to make this the first in a series of roller racing events that will include team racing, a roller racing league and many more future exciting events.

Free Entry to event
£5 entry to race

Real Ale and Food available.

PLUS DJ'S Robin and Lyndon form LONGSHOT soundsystem shall be playing reggae and steppas all night.

There will be secure bike storage on a first come first served basis so get there early!

PART OF THE I BIKE MCR FESTIVAL. SEE:
I Bike MCR Festival 2010 | I Bike MCR

There will be secure bike storage on a first come first served basis so get there early!

http://greatnorthernrollers.wordpress.com/

They come together because the joint roller says she can roll joints faster than the fastest joint smoker can smoke them, so they race. It's a funny song. I think the joint roller wins because the joint smoker dies or something.