Rollerblading

Albinoni

Nov 3, 2002
Apart from cycling, does anybody here also do rollerblading as an alternate fitness to cycling. I've found that rollerblading/inline-skating is another good way to help build leg muscles,and also a good cardiovascular sport as well.

Albinoni;

Run the buggers over! I have had so many "almost" collisions from bladers that they scare me more than loose dogs.

;)

Seriously though, blading isn't bad exercise if you push it, but not as good as jogging.

-CG

Albinoni:

Hey bro, whatever you do, don't tell Ric, 2LAP, or Maarten that you have found an endurance activity that packs on leg muscle!!! It can't happen in their world!!! Sounds like you have been able to do the same with your bike!!!

If you like to ride do that. Blading is a lower form of sport. If you still want to blade, be sure to "check six" (look behind you) when skating over everybody's line!!!

Later!!!

Thanks J-MAT, I'm pretty open minded you know! I'll even take you up on that offer for a beer!

I'm all into otherways to keep fit and I was even thinking of getting blades myself to get around town and campus on! I have too left feet though! How long do they take to master?

Hey 2LAP, I'll buy you a beer anytime!!!

I think you will have problems with your ankle stability when you start out, no different than ice skating.

Learn how to stop quickly also!!!

Later!!!