Rollers v Turbo

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Graham, Mar 4, 2004.

  1. Graham

    Graham Guest

    ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C40238.9A1F6770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    Now that I have got to the stage of not even being able to face the = Turbo-Trainer ( I'd rather go
    out in any weather ), is there a lot of = difference in using Rollers ?

    Graham ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C40238.9A1F6770 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-
    Encoding: quoted-printable

    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-
    Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Diso-8859-1"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400"
    name=3DGENERATOR> <STYLE></STYLE> </HEAD> <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now that I have got to the stage of not = even being=20 able to
    face the Turbo-Trainer ( I'd rather go out in any weather ), is = there a=20 lot of difference
    in using Rollers ?</FONT></DIV>
    <DV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
    <DVI><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Graham</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

    ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C40238.9A1F6770--

    Tags:

  2. Johnb

    Johnb Guest

    > Graham wrote:
    >
    > Now that I have got to the stage of not even being able to face the Turbo-Trainer ( I'd rather go
    > out in any weather ), is there a lot of difference in using Rollers ?

    They are great fun when you fall off ;-)

    Seriously the answer is not really. They too can be immensely boring, but you have to concentrate
    just that little bit more. If you'd rather go out in any weather, I'd go out. Rollers won't help.

    John B

  3. Graham wrote:
    > Now that I have got to the stage of not even being able to face the Turbo-Trainer ( I'd rather go
    > out in any weather ), is there a lot of difference in using Rollers ?

    Yes - firstly, there's virtually no resistance, so you just spin a massive gear as fast as you like.
    Secondly, you have to balance.