Rolling no footers help.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by president_luke, Apr 27, 2006.

  1. Tags:

  2. freddy

    freddy Guest

  3. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    Do not ride to fast, obviously if you do you will end up flipping. Put
    more weight on the back foot and push down on the seat. I assume you
    can do them stationary? I learnt them rolling so I may be no help to
    you.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    'i like things big' Amanda

    'I prefer "badunkadunk", myself' Dudewithasock
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  4. Lucas1wheel

    Lucas1wheel Guest

    Yeh i would be interested how people do sets , i can do them static and
    rolling but not very fast - not fast enough for a set anyway hmm come
    on xav, kevin mc we want some tips lol

    --
    Lucas1wheel
    Lucas1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11476

  5. swarbrim

    swarbrim Guest

    I have never seen any one (that I can recall) doing them down sets. I
    have tried them off curbs but they are really hard. you cant get any
    distance on them, you cacn do one-footers off sets though.

    Mike

    --
    swarbrim

    :D add me at [email protected]

    'i like things big' Amanda

    'I prefer "badunkadunk", myself' Dudewithasock
    swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

  6. Tassilo

    Tassilo Guest

  7. unicycle2280

    unicycle2280 Guest

  8. excaliber906

    excaliber906 Guest

    I just learned how to do these a couple weeks ago. Practice one-footers
    kicking your foot far off to the side. Make sure no weight is on the
    unicycle and jump high. It helped me to think of no-footers as doing a
    one-footer and taking the other foot off late; then smooth it out
    later.

    This stuff may not work for you, but it helped me.

    Oh, and Tassilo, Xav Collos did one of those in Vener off a 3 stair (I
    think)

    [Edit]: previous stament already said.

    --
    excaliber906

    ~Stephen McKay

    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

    *Unitam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.*
    excaliber906's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8933

  9. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

    swarbrim wrote:
    > Do not ride to fast, obviously if you do you will end up flipping. Put
    > more weight on the back foot and push down on the seat. I assume you
    > can do them stationary? I learnt them rolling so I may be no help to
    > you.
    >
    > Mike

    actuyally when i try to flip sometimes if i go fast and push hard the
    cranks actually dont move ANYWHERE in the air.(i know, theres a problem
    with that, but whatever)

    --
    unijesse

    www.unicycletips.com

    Udjiniese-Lucas1wheel

    '_*OWNER_OF_60000*_'
    (http://tinyurl.com/o42ka)
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

  10. KlownLife

    KlownLife Guest

    For me, no footers were just something I got with practise. Break it
    down, do it static, then rolling and then, as I've got now, try 180s
    and fakie 180s.
    I find that breaking down skills can really help you understand them
    better and ultimately, learn them more easily.

    Hope this has been some help,

    Jas

    P.S. an example of a killer no footer can been seen in my latest vid,
    check it out,
    http://tinyurl.com/fuocb

    --
    KlownLife

    "The Unicycle world is my religion, more than a society phenomenon : my
    urban culture. " - -Adrien Mainand-

    olarf wrote:
    > In Germany we would call you a "grosser Spinner" :)

    KlownLife's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5196

  11. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

    --
    manon1wheel

    Riley
    Originally Posted by GizmoDuck
    I yanked on my foot and straigtened it and stuck the bone back into the
    skin.
    Gild:This is going to be in someone's signature before too very long.
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

  12. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

    I can do them going very fast, in fact no footer is my favorite trick
    (that I can land). the trick is ot not jump but to only suck your legs
    in or take them off side way. So do not put presure on your pedals make
    sure that you're pedals are in a 90 degree angle then sortof stop in a
    harsh hit (flex your legs) and as you are stoping bring your legs in.
    You can also do it going very slow like it's been said before but you
    will have a problem when you go on bigger then just a curb or even when
    you try to bring it into a grind. Hope that helps.. max

    --
    maxisback

    Quiters never win, winners never quit , the ones who never win and never
    quit are just dumb
    maxisback's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10885