Rome-Sardinia-Corsica-Nice?

Steve Juniper

Guest
I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer from
Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I took two other
tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how Sardinia and Corsica would
be as the main parts of a 2-week trip. Anyone familiar with those islands?
TIA!
--
Steve Juniper

"The Bush administration's 'war on terror' is legal nonsense -
conferring no more powers on the US to detain prisoners than the 'war
against obesity' - and President Bush's policy of pre-emptive self-defense
is clearly illegal under international law."
-- Elizabeth Wilmshurst -
Int'l Law expert --

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:27:10 GMT, Steve Juniper wrote:

> I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer from
> Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I took two other
> tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how Sardinia and Corsica would
> be as the main parts of a 2-week trip. Anyone familiar with those islands?
> TIA!

Both islands are truly excellent.
--
Michael MacClancy
Random putdown - "He has Van Gogh's ear for music." - Billy Wilder

Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:27:10 GMT, Steve Juniper wrote:
>
> > I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer from
> > Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I took two other
> > tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how Sardinia and Corsica would
> > be as the main parts of a 2-week trip. Anyone familiar with those islands?
> > TIA!

> Both islands are truly excellent.

Haven't been to Sardinia, but I fully concur about Corsica. Corsica
has some of the best touring anywhere.

Yes.
I've been to Corsica 3 times and to Sardinia once.
Both excellent.
Corsica more spectacular, Sardinia much more varied.
Highly recommended.

Steve Juniper wrote:
> I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer
> from Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I
> took two other tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how
> Sardinia and Corsica would be as the main parts of a 2-week trip.
> Anyone familiar with those islands? TIA!

You might be interested in getting hold of a copy of the book...

'The Lead Goat Veered Off'
by Neil Anderson

A story of a Canadian couple cycling Sardinia during winter.
I thoroughly enjoyed it.
You can order the book on-line here...
http://www.cyclelogicpress.com/book.html

Cheeers... Allan.
~~~
http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm
Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
Cycling Before Lycra

Steve Juniper wrote:
> I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer
> from Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I
> took two other tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how
> Sardinia and Corsica would be as the main parts of a 2-week trip.
> Anyone familiar with those islands? TIA!

Sorry - I forgot to add to my previous response...

there's some info (pictures) here on cycling in Corsica...
http://www.aukadia.net/corsica/index.htm

Cheers... Allan.
~~~