Rome-Sardinia-Corsica-Nice?

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Steve Juniper, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer from
    Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I took two other
    tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how Sardinia and Corsica would
    be as the main parts of a 2-week trip. Anyone familiar with those islands?
    TIA!
    --
    Steve Juniper

    "The Bush administration's 'war on terror' is legal nonsense -
    conferring no more powers on the US to detain prisoners than the 'war
    against obesity' - and President Bush's policy of pre-emptive self-defense
    is clearly illegal under international law."
    -- Elizabeth Wilmshurst -
    Int'l Law expert --

    Tags:

  2. On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:27:10 GMT, Steve Juniper wrote:

    > I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer from
    > Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I took two other
    > tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how Sardinia and Corsica would
    > be as the main parts of a 2-week trip. Anyone familiar with those islands?
    > TIA!

    Both islands are truly excellent.
    --
    Michael MacClancy
    Random putdown - "He has Van Gogh's ear for music." - Billy Wilder

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Michael MacClancy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 20:27:10 GMT, Steve Juniper wrote:
    >
    > > I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer from
    > > Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I took two other
    > > tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how Sardinia and Corsica would
    > > be as the main parts of a 2-week trip. Anyone familiar with those islands?
    > > TIA!

    > Both islands are truly excellent.

    Haven't been to Sardinia, but I fully concur about Corsica. Corsica
    has some of the best touring anywhere.

  4. Yes.
    I've been to Corsica 3 times and to Sardinia once.
    Both excellent.
    Corsica more spectacular, Sardinia much more varied.
    Highly recommended.

  5. rhnb

    rhnb Guest

    Steve Juniper wrote:
    > I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer
    > from Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I
    > took two other tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how
    > Sardinia and Corsica would be as the main parts of a 2-week trip.
    > Anyone familiar with those islands? TIA!

    You might be interested in getting hold of a copy of the book...

    'The Lead Goat Veered Off'
    by Neil Anderson

    A story of a Canadian couple cycling Sardinia during winter.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    You can order the book on-line here...
    http://www.cyclelogicpress.com/book.html

    Cheeers... Allan.
    ~~~
    http://www.bikeit.eclipse.co.uk/index.htm
    Italian Cycle tour reports and the home of...
    Cycling Before Lycra

  6. rhnb

    rhnb Guest

    Steve Juniper wrote:
    > I've been looking at a new wideopenroad.co.uk trip early next summer
    > from Rome to Sardinia then Corsica then Nice. I like the group (I
    > took two other tours with them in 2001 and 2002) but wonder how
    > Sardinia and Corsica would be as the main parts of a 2-week trip.
    > Anyone familiar with those islands? TIA!

    Sorry - I forgot to add to my previous response...

    there's some info (pictures) here on cycling in Corsica...
    http://www.aukadia.net/corsica/index.htm

    Cheers... Allan.
    ~~~