Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Romic: Seems to bob about same as Fox air?

Started by x · · Last activity · 4 posts · 900 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
19 July 2003
Last activity
21 July 2003
Original author
x
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
900
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Am I missing something?

    Just replaced the Fox air shock on my Ellsworth Isis with a new Romic.

    Haven't really *ridden* it yet - but just noodling up and down the street, it looks to me like the
    bob is the same or maybe even a bit more than with the Fox air.

    I thought this thing was supposed to somehow filter out the bob...

    ?
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

  2. With the romic u diall in the compression damping adjustment untill it no longer bobs. This only
    adjust the compresion damping on the slow speed circuit and therefore eliminates rider input. The
    high speed compresion damping is auto adjusted by the reactor valve inside the shock. THen adjust
    the rebound damping to suit. The compresion adjuster is the one at the bottom of the shock.

    That should sort it out.

    AL "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Am I missing something?

    Just replaced the Fox air shock on my Ellsworth Isis with a new Romic.

    Haven't really *ridden* it yet - but just noodling up and down the street,


    it

    Quoted message said:

    looks to me like the bob is the same or maybe even a bit more than with


    the Fox

    Quoted message said:

    air.

    I thought this thing was supposed to somehow filter out the bob...

    ?
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

  3. RE/

    Quoted message said:

    With the romic u diall in the compression damping adjustment untill it no longer bobs. This only
    adjust the compresion damping on the slow speed circuit and therefore eliminates rider input. The
    high speed compresion damping is auto adjusted by the reactor valve inside the shock. THen adjust
    the rebound damping to suit. The compresion adjuster is the one at the bottom of the shock.

    That should sort it out.

    "Bottom" = Blue, rite? Romic's leaflet doesn't make the distinction based on color - but doping it
    out from the pic, I'm guessing that I had to install it backwards on my Isis - the "bottom" end
    wouldn't fit in the rear bracket. That leaflet is kind of pitiful considering the cost of the
    product....

    I got to do a few hours on it yesterday afternoon.

    My impression is that it will never completely filter out my very uneven "spin", but does really
    well with long, slow, out-of-the saddle strokes - in fact, it's like riding a hardtail when I take a
    'butt break' out of the saddle on one big hill I ride to get home from my main riding spot.

    OTOH, it seems to be getting at least *some* of the spin-related bob because I can feel the
    biopacing sensation that I get when riding my hardtail. This is probably an added feature for me
    because it will nudge me towards cleaning up my so-called spin (which, at this point, is more like
    high-RPM stomping...)

    Also, it's clearly a preferable ride overall - although I can't put my finger on exactly why I think
    that - I'm guessing that at least some of it is what some people say about coilover being a better
    ride than air.
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

  4. "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    RE/

    Quoted message said:

    With the romic u diall in the compression damping adjustment untill it no longer bobs. This only
    adjust the compresion damping on the slow speed circuit and therefore eliminates rider input. The
    high speed compresion damping is auto adjusted by the reactor valve inside the shock. THen


    adjust

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the rebound damping to suit. The compresion adjuster is the one at the bottom of the shock.

    That should sort it out.

    "Bottom" = Blue, rite? Romic's leaflet doesn't make the distinction


    based on

    Quoted message said:

    color - but doping it out from the pic, I'm guessing that I had to install


    it

    Quoted message said:

    backwards on my Isis - the "bottom" end wouldn't fit in the rear bracket.


    That

    Quoted message said:

    leaflet is kind of pitiful considering the cost of the product....

    Bottom is the end of the shock that has the main part of the shock body (the direction in which the
    piston is driven when under load)

    Al

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.