Romic Shock: Anybody got experience w/one?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by x, May 3, 2003.

  1. x

    x Guest

    For the second time in it's relativly-short life my Fox is making "interesting" noises.

    Talking to Ellsworth, it sounds like they *really* like the Romic product for their bikes.

    But I ride FS much more for comfort than performance and I'm wondering if whatever enables the Romic
    to filter out biopacing-type forces also compromises it's response to small bumps like those from
    very coarse gravel... if not, I'll probably order one - but I don't something that'll give me a butt
    massage on every gravel road.
    -----------------------
    PeteCresswell

    Tags:

  2. Klydesdale

    Klydesdale Guest

    "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Talking to Ellsworth, it sounds like they *really* like the Romic product
    for
    > their bikes.

    Ventana really seems to like Romic shocks for their bikes too. Especially for Clydesdales.

    By the way, I had a fitting done at my LBS for the custom frame I'm planning to have built. The
    owner of the shop who did the fitting is a former Olympic cycling coach and is well-respected for
    his bike-fitting skills. He looked at me on both my bikes and the Serotta "Size-Cycle" that they
    have. He thought I was perfect as far as my saddle to BB relationship but would like to see my
    handlebars about an inch further forward and an inch higher than where they are right now. (For a
    seat angle of 72 degrees this means a bike with a 25.5" effective top-tube and running riser bars
    with a 135mm/15 degree stem.) Before I commit to such a frame, I was checking around to see if I
    could get a stem that would put my handlebars where he wants them so I could evaluate the new
    position out on the trails. When I came across this Kore stem, I thought of your setup:
    http://www.kore-usa.com/sls3.htm

    Keith L.

    Just Say: "It looks like the only FS bike that's gonna get me what I want is a Sycip
    Double Dribble."

  3. Martin

    Martin Guest

    On Sat, 03 May 2003 19:03:10 GMT, "(Pete Cresswell)" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >For the second time in it's relativly-short life my Fox is making "interesting" noises.
    >
    >Talking to Ellsworth, it sounds like they *really* like the Romic product for their bikes.
    >
    >But I ride FS much more for comfort than performance and I'm wondering if whatever enables the
    >Romic to filter out biopacing-type forces also compromises it's response to small bumps like those
    >from very coarse gravel... if not, I'll probably order one - but I don't something that'll give me
    >a butt massage on every gravel road.
    >PeteCresswell
    Running with a Romic on my Truth for three weeks now, much improved over already great handling,
    soaks up the small stutter bumps and small repeated irregularities that the fox air shock struggled
    with. Still experimenting with compressiona nad rebound to get the best settings cheers Martin