Ron Popeil's Rotisserie

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Rick & Cyndi, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

    DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call that
    1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers... I think
    her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand for about $
    50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.

    I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be the
    case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20 degrees
    F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>

    Thanks for any feedback...
    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

    Tags:

  2. Denise~*

    Denise~* Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    >
    >DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call that
    >1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers... I
    >think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand for
    >about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
    >
    >I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be the
    >case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
    >degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
    >
    >Thanks for any feedback...

    I like mine, but I typically end up buring the skin. I need to stop using olive oil with it. I'll
    bet if I used canola, it would be better. If you ever get one, I found a great brine for chicken
    that I did the last time that I didn't have to boil the ingredients first with. All I can say is
    Succulent!

    Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

    How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

  3. EskWIRED

    EskWIRED Guest

    In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

    I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would expect. It's fine for what it is.

    --
    ...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

    - The Who

  4. Gtwy4cb

    Gtwy4cb Guest

    > Ron Popeil's Rotisserie

    Love mine!! Just got it-my first project was a pork roast--absolutely delish! Leg of lamb next...

  5. Kswck

    Kswck Guest

    "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]_s01...
    > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    >
    > DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call
    > that 1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
    > I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand
    > for about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
    >
    > I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be
    > the case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
    > degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
    >
    > Thanks for any feedback...
    > --
    > Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

    I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good, particularly when I make and dried herb coated
    roast beef.

    A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning' moise after a while-I know several
    people who have had this problem.

    RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their gloves and ordered a new one. They
    charged me twice for it and it took me 6 months to get the credit for both. I never did get the
    additional gloves. I simply bought another brand. I don't know how they are for purchasing the
    additional baskets and the warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.

  6. Gardenia

    Gardenia Guest

    Rick & Cyndi wrote:
    > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

    I've had mine for over 4 years now and use it all the time..

    > DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call
    > that 1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
    > I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand
    > for about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
    >
    > I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be
    > the case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
    > degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
    >
    > Thanks for any feedback...

  7. John W

    John W Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    >
    >DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call that
    >1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers... I
    >think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand for
    >about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
    >
    >I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be the
    >case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
    >degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
    >
    >Thanks for any feedback...

    If you decide to buy, DON'T buy from the infomercial, checkout www.qvc.com. It will be cheaper,
    usually comes with more options like a 3 hou digital timer, will ship faster and comes with an
    unquestioned 30 money back guarantee.

    John

  8. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Gtwy4cb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : > Ron Popeil's Rotisserie
    :
    : Love mine!! Just got it-my first project was a pork
    roast--absolutely delish!
    : Leg of lamb next...
    ==========

    Yummmm! That sounds delicious! Thank you for letting me know about liking (loving!) yours. I
    mentioned to Rick that I thought I might like one for Mother's Day... looks like we'll be
    getting one.

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  9. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Denise~*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote:
    :
    : >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    : >
[...]
    =======

    Thank you Denise!

    I just love how juicy rotisseried (sp?) chicken comes out. After watching the infomercial for the
    second or third time I mentioned to Rick that I thought it might make for a terrific Mother's Day
    gift this year... Actually, considering the price it will be Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and
    Father's Day gift.

    Woo-hoo!

    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  10. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    wrote:
    : > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    :
    : I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would
    expect. It's
    : fine for what it is.
    :
    : =========

    Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL

    What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  11. Nospamo`

    Nospamo` Guest

    I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I ordered extra skewers and ties for the
    chickens and got them in three days. Baskets as well..the giant ones. You should give this a try it
    can always be returned. We do prime rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it is fabulous.

    Kswck wrote:
    > "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s01...
    >
    >>Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    >>
    >>DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call
    >>that 1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
    >>I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand
    >>for about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
    >>
    >>I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be
    >>the case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
    >>degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
    >>
    >>Thanks for any feedback...
    >>--
    >>Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>
    >>

    > I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good, particularly when I make and dried herb
    > coated roast beef.
    >
    > A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning' moise after a while-I know several
    > people who have had this problem.
    >
    > RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their gloves and ordered a new one. They
    > charged me twice for it and it took me 6 months to get the credit for both. I never did get the
    > additional gloves. I simply bought another brand. I don't know how they are for purchasing the
    > additional baskets and the warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.

  12. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "Kswck" < <snipping my original post>
    :
    : I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good,
    particularly when I
    : make and dried herb coated roast beef.
    :
    : A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning'
    moise after a
    : while-I know several people who have had this problem.
    :
    : RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their
    gloves and
    : ordered a new one. They charged me twice for it and it took me
    6 months to
    : get the credit for both. I never did get the additional gloves.
    I simply
    : bought another brand. I don't know how they are for purchasing the additional baskets
    and the
    : warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.
    : =======

    I ordered mine (today!) off of E-bay but will probably order some of the accessories (Rib basket,
    Lobster basket and maybe the Solid food injector) from the www.Popeilfamily.com site. Gosh, I can't
    wait to get it now!
    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  13. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "John W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
[...]

    Whoa! You're not kidding! That's a major price difference. Of course, the lower price QVC item
    doesn't have some of the "extras" that the higher priced infomercial has... that being said I got
    a pretty good deal through E-bay. The price was a little more than QVCs but had some extra
    goodies with it.

    Thanks for the heads up though John, I sometimes forget to check QVC and HSN's prices before making
    my final decision.
    --
    Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

  14. Nospamo`

    Nospamo` Guest

    These are honestly the best things ever invented for the kitchen and diet. We have had two and they
    have produced some wonderful healthy eating.

    Rick & Cyndi wrote:

    > "Denise~*" <den[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > : On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > :
    > : >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    > : >
    > : >DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and
    > are
    > : >getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has
    > the
    > : >George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes
    > hers...
    > : >I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip
    > side,
    > : >I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked
    > : >be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
    > : >
    > : >I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too
    > cold
    > : >to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a
    > : >tough time getting hot when
    > it's
    > : >20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
    > : >
    > : >Thanks for any feedback...
    > :
    > : I like mine, but I typically end up buring the skin. I need to
    > stop
    > : using olive oil with it. I'll bet if I used canola, it would
    > be
    > : better. If you ever get one, I found a great brine for chicken
    > that I
    > : did the last time that I didn't have to boil the ingredients
    > first
    > : with. All I can say is Succulent!
    > :
    > :
    > : Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)
    > =======
    >
    > Thank you Denise!
    >
    > I just love how juicy rotisseried (sp?) chicken comes out. After watching the infomercial for the
    > second or third time I mentioned to Rick that I thought it might make for a terrific Mother's Day
    > gift this year... Actually, considering the price it will be Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and
    > Father's Day gift.
    >
    > Woo-hoo!
    >
    > Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

  15. Kswck

    Kswck Guest

    "NoSpamo`" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I ordered extra skewers and ties for
    > the chickens and got them in three days. Baskets as well..the giant ones. You should give this a
    > try it can always be returned. We do prime rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it is
    fabulous.

    I've tried just about everything as well, short of a stuffed turkey. No argument on the machine.

  16. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    Kswck
[...]

    "NoSpamo`" <wrote
    : I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I
    ordered
    : extra skewers and ties for the chickens and got them in three
    days.
    : Baskets as well..the giant ones. You should give this a try it can always be returned. We do prime
    : rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it
    is fabulous.
    : =====

    Yeah, that's how it is with anyone's customer service... some people experience good service and
    there's always a few that get the bad service... Regardless, I CAN'T WAIT to get my rotisserie! Woo-
    Hoo!!! Cyndi

  17. Denise~*

    Denise~* Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:20:39 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    ><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >: In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi <[email protected]>
    >wrote:
    >: > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    >:
    >: I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would
    >expect. It's
    >: fine for what it is.
    >:
    >: =========
    >
    >Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL
    >
    >What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

    Iv'e done chicken & ribs. You have to put the ribs on loosely though, otherwise they shrink & pull
    at the skewers.

    Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

    How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

  18. Denise~*

    Denise~* Guest

    On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:05:22 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I ordered mine (today!) off of E-bay but will probably order some of the accessories (Rib basket,
    >Lobster basket and maybe the Solid food injector) from the www.Popeilfamily.com site. Gosh, I can't
    >wait to get it now!

    Here's the recipe that mentioned earlier. I had dried sage leaves & they worked just as good. I also
    stuck the bay leaves & garlic in the cavity when I cooked it. (Aromatics) Like I said though, most
    likely better to use Canola oil than Olive oil :).

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_16856,00.html

    Honey Brined Chicken with Lemon and Sage Recipe courtesy Michael Symon

    Recipe Summary Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Inactive Prep Time: 12 minutes Yield:
    4 servings
    1 (3to 4 pound) whole chicken 4 ounces honey 4 ounces salt 1 quart water 2 bay leaves 2 cloves
    garlic sliced 6 sage leaves 6 thin slices lemon seeds removed 2 ounces olive oil

    Mix honey, salt, water, bay leaves, and garlic together. Pull skin away from chicken just enough to
    place sage leaves and lemon slices under skin. Truss the chicken and tie the other end of the
    butcher's twine to the pot handle for a quick retrieval of the brined chicken. Place chicken in
    liquid and let sit in cooler for 12 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

    Place chicken on roasting rack in oven and brush with olive oil. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or
    until juices run clear.

    Episode#: MP1B46

    Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

    Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

    How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

  19. EskWIRED

    EskWIRED Guest

    In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL

    Good point. :)

    > What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

    I've only used it a couple of times. I made kebobs, and a big roaster chicken. It worked fine.

    it is big and ugly on the counter, so I leave it in the pantry. I'll dig it out and try it again on
    a beef roast.

    I know that Ed Pawlowski likes his, and I respect his opinions.

    --
    ...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

    - The Who

  20. Rick & Cyndi

    Rick & Cyndi Guest

    "NoSpamo`" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    : These are honestly the best things ever invented for the
    kitchen and diet.
    : We have had two and they have produced some wonderful healthy
    eating.
    :

    <snip > :
    : > : >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
    <snip>

    Two of them?

    I'm getting excited about getting one.
    --