Ron Popeil's Rotisserie

Rick & Cyndi

Guest
Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call that
1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers... I think
her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand for about $
50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.

I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be the
case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20 degrees
F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>

Thanks for any feedback...
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>
>DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call that
>1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers... I
>think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand for
>about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>
>I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be the
>case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
>degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>
>Thanks for any feedback...

I like mine, but I typically end up buring the skin. I need to stop using olive oil with it. I'll
bet if I used canola, it would be better. If you ever get one, I found a great brine for chicken
that I did the last time that I didn't have to boil the ingredients first with. All I can say is
Succulent!

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi <[email protected]> wrote:
> Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would expect. It's fine for what it is.

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

> Ron Popeil's Rotisserie

Love mine!! Just got it-my first project was a pork roast--absolutely delish! Leg of lamb next...

"Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>
> DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call
> that 1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
> I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand
> for about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>
> I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be
> the case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
> degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>
> Thanks for any feedback...
> --
> Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good, particularly when I make and dried herb coated
roast beef.

A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning' moise after a while-I know several
people who have had this problem.

RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their gloves and ordered a new one. They
charged me twice for it and it took me 6 months to get the credit for both. I never did get the
additional gloves. I simply bought another brand. I don't know how they are for purchasing the
additional baskets and the warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.

Rick & Cyndi wrote:
> Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

I've had mine for over 4 years now and use it all the time..

<[email protected]> wrote:

>Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>
>DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call that
>1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers... I
>think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand for
>about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>
>I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be the
>case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
>degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>
>Thanks for any feedback...

If you decide to buy, DON'T buy from the infomercial, checkout www.qvc.com. It will be cheaper,
usually comes with more options like a 3 hou digital timer, will ship faster and comes with an
unquestioned 30 money back guarantee.

John

"Gtwy4cb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: > Ron Popeil's Rotisserie
:
: Love mine!! Just got it-my first project was a pork
roast--absolutely delish!
: Leg of lamb next...
==========

Yummmm! That sounds delicious! Thank you for letting me know about liking (loving!) yours. I
mentioned to Rick that I thought I might like one for Mother's Day... looks like we'll be
getting one.

--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

"Denise~*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote:
:
: >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
: >
[...]
=======

Thank you Denise!

I just love how juicy rotisseried (sp?) chicken comes out. After watching the infomercial for the
second or third time I mentioned to Rick that I thought it might make for a terrific Mother's Day
gift this year... Actually, considering the price it will be Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and
Father's Day gift.

Woo-hoo!

Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

wrote:
: > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
:
: I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would
expect. It's
: fine for what it is.
:
: =========

Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL

What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I ordered extra skewers and ties for the
chickens and got them in three days. Baskets as well..the giant ones. You should give this a try it
can always be returned. We do prime rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it is fabulous.

Kswck wrote:
> "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
>>Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>>
>>DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are getting pretty tempted to call
>>that 1-800 # . Our sister has the George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
>>I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side, I recently saw a generic brand
>>for about $ 50.00 that looked to be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>>
>>I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold to grill outside; as would be
>>the case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's 20
>>degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>>
>>Thanks for any feedback...
>>--
>>Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>
>>

> I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good, particularly when I make and dried herb
> coated roast beef.
>
> A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning' moise after a while-I know several
> people who have had this problem.
>
> RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their gloves and ordered a new one. They
> charged me twice for it and it took me 6 months to get the credit for both. I never did get the
> additional gloves. I simply bought another brand. I don't know how they are for purchasing the
> additional baskets and the warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.

"Kswck" < <snipping my original post>
:
: I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good,
particularly when I
: make and dried herb coated roast beef.
:
: A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning'
moise after a
: while-I know several people who have had this problem.
:
: RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their
gloves and
: ordered a new one. They charged me twice for it and it took me
6 months to
: get the credit for both. I never did get the additional gloves.
I simply
: bought another brand. I don't know how they are for purchasing the additional baskets
and the
: warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.
: =======

I ordered mine (today!) off of E-bay but will probably order some of the accessories (Rib basket,
Lobster basket and maybe the Solid food injector) from the www.Popeilfamily.com site. Gosh, I can't
wait to get it now!
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

"John W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]

Whoa! You're not kidding! That's a major price difference. Of course, the lower price QVC item
doesn't have some of the "extras" that the higher priced infomercial has... that being said I got
a pretty good deal through E-bay. The price was a little more than QVCs but had some extra
goodies with it.

Thanks for the heads up though John, I sometimes forget to check QVC and HSN's prices before making
my final decision.
--
Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply

These are honestly the best things ever invented for the kitchen and diet. We have had two and they
have produced some wonderful healthy eating.

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> "Denise~*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> : On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi" <[email protected]> wrote:
> :
> : >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
> : >
> : >DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and
> are
> : >getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has
> the
> : >George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes
> hers...
> : >I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip
> side,
> : >I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked
> : >be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
> : >
> : >I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too
> cold
> : >to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some reason... grills seem to have a
> : >tough time getting hot when
> it's
> : >20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
> : >
> : >Thanks for any feedback...
> :
> : I like mine, but I typically end up buring the skin. I need to
> stop
> : using olive oil with it. I'll bet if I used canola, it would
> be
> : better. If you ever get one, I found a great brine for chicken
> that I
> : did the last time that I didn't have to boil the ingredients
> first
> : with. All I can say is Succulent!
> :
> :
> : Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)
> =======
>
> Thank you Denise!
>
> I just love how juicy rotisseried (sp?) chicken comes out. After watching the infomercial for the
> second or third time I mentioned to Rick that I thought it might make for a terrific Mother's Day
> gift this year... Actually, considering the price it will be Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and
> Father's Day gift.
>
> Woo-hoo!
>
> Cyndi <Remove a "b" to reply>

"NoSpamo`" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I ordered extra skewers and ties for
> the chickens and got them in three days. Baskets as well..the giant ones. You should give this a
> try it can always be returned. We do prime rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it is
fabulous.

I've tried just about everything as well, short of a stuffed turkey. No argument on the machine.

Kswck
[...]

"NoSpamo`" <wrote
: I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I
ordered
: extra skewers and ties for the chickens and got them in three
days.
: Baskets as well..the giant ones. You should give this a try it can always be returned. We do prime
: rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it
is fabulous.
: =====

Yeah, that's how it is with anyone's customer service... some people experience good service and
there's always a few that get the bad service... Regardless, I CAN'T WAIT to get my rotisserie! Woo-
Hoo!!! Cyndi

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:20:39 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
<[email protected]> wrote:

><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>: In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>: > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>:
>: I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would
>expect. It's
>: fine for what it is.
>:
>: =========
>
>Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL
>
>What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

Iv'e done chicken & ribs. You have to put the ribs on loosely though, otherwise they shrink & pull
at the skewers.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:05:22 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I ordered mine (today!) off of E-bay but will probably order some of the accessories (Rib basket,
>Lobster basket and maybe the Solid food injector) from the www.Popeilfamily.com site. Gosh, I can't
>wait to get it now!

Here's the recipe that mentioned earlier. I had dried sage leaves & they worked just as good. I also
stuck the bay leaves & garlic in the cavity when I cooked it. (Aromatics) Like I said though, most
likely better to use Canola oil than Olive oil :).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_16856,00.html

Honey Brined Chicken with Lemon and Sage Recipe courtesy Michael Symon

Recipe Summary Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes Inactive Prep Time: 12 minutes Yield:
4 servings
1 (3to 4 pound) whole chicken 4 ounces honey 4 ounces salt 1 quart water 2 bay leaves 2 cloves
garlic sliced 6 sage leaves 6 thin slices lemon seeds removed 2 ounces olive oil

Mix honey, salt, water, bay leaves, and garlic together. Pull skin away from chicken just enough to
place sage leaves and lemon slices under skin. Truss the chicken and tie the other end of the
butcher's twine to the pot handle for a quick retrieval of the brined chicken. Place chicken in
liquid and let sit in cooler for 12 hours. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Place chicken on roasting rack in oven and brush with olive oil. Bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or
until juices run clear.

Episode#: MP1B46

Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi <[email protected]> wrote:

> Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL

Good point. :)

> What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

I've only used it a couple of times. I made kebobs, and a big roaster chicken. It worked fine.

it is big and ugly on the counter, so I leave it in the pantry. I'll dig it out and try it again on
a beef roast.

I know that Ed Pawlowski likes his, and I respect his opinions.

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who

"NoSpamo`" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
: These are honestly the best things ever invented for the
kitchen and diet.
: We have had two and they have produced some wonderful healthy
eating.
:

<snip > :
: > : >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
<snip>

Two of them?

I'm getting excited about getting one.
--