Ronde picks

I'm hoping Hoste finally wins this one. He kind of deserves the top step now :).

But if I had to make a bet, my money would be on Cancellara.

thunder said:
I read who was coming in, and Lefevre intimated Steegmans out.
sporza (yesterday) listed Steegmans as in ...

Tom Boonen
Stijn Devolder
Wilfried Cretskens
Gert Steegmans
Maarten Wynants
Carlos Barredo (Spa)
Steven de Jongh (Ned)
Matteo Tossato (Ita)

thunder said:
I read who was coming in, and Lefevre intimated Steegmans out.
He's still sore apparently, so i heard on Belgian news. Plus the other guys have good form too. Not sure Steegmans will make much difference to Boonen. Tosatto and Barredo are a bit surprising.

oely said:
He's still sore apparently, so i heard on Belgian news. Plus the other guys have good form too. Not sure Steegmans will make much difference to Boonen. Tosatto and Barredo are a bit surprising.
no Hulsmans?

In Lore, out Kevin?

That your take?

Bro Deal said:
Why not Steegmans? He's taken a step up this season. Is QS not bringing Steegmans? He's listed on the cyclingnews start lists, but CN is not the best source.
Steegmans has not been good since Paris-Nice and then he crashed once or twice on top of his drop in form. He was OK this past week but probably not good enough to make the finale to be with Boonen. I'd still have him in the squad as he still probably has better potential to be there than anyone they'd pick instead of him.

Interesting aspect of having the TDU be the ProTour race before Flanders (not Paris-Nice), Quick-Step isn't particularly pleased that because they didn't do well at the TDU (and thus aren't ranked highly in the PT rankings), their team car doesn't get a good placing in the caravan (think the same applies to Lotto, at least from the bit I saw on sporza).

given the predicted rotten weather, strange pavements, and so on...
break through race for fumiyuki beppu

Gilbert.

Surprised no one has said Nuyens or Chavanel, seeing how well they have done lately; not sure how they like the cold.

Drongo said:
Gilbert.

Surprised no one has said Nuyens or Chavanel, seeing how well they have done lately; not sure how they like the cold.
I think Nick Nuyens wife is in for an awful surprise

Drongo said:
Gilbert.

I think Edie (earth_dweller) is tipping Nuyens to be helped by Chavanel as payback.

Bro Deal said:
Yes. Excellent.

Scratch any Italian and Spanish picks. :D
I think Boonen might have the form, the team, and the tolerance for the weather.

Does anyone know of any free online live video feeds for North America? Otherwise, it's paying for cycling.tv.

Thanks!

No O'Grady on the start list (according to cyclingnews.com). Anyone know what the go is there? :confused: Thought he'd be a handy man for Cancellara to have working for him.

Wilchemy said:
No O'Grady on the start list (according to cyclingnews.com). Anyone know what the go is there? :confused: Thought he'd be a handy man for Cancellara to have working for him.
he is riding Wil

its snowing in London which is unheard of for April. So I would suggest Belguim is going to be worse...... that being the case the course is going to be a nightmare......

whiteboytrash said:
its snowing in London which is unheard of for April. So I would suggest Belguim is going to be worse...... that being the case the course is going to be a nightmare......
The main area of snow is largely stuck across the far south-east of England at the moment. Some wintry showers are likely across Belgium today but i think they will miss the worst of the weather (at least the route will as it ends up in eastern Belgium i think).

Anticyclone said:
The main area of snow is largely stuck across the far south-east of England at the moment. Some wintry showers are likely across Belgium today but i think they will miss the worst of the weather (at least the route will as it ends up in eastern Belgium i think).

Nice one thanks ! I'm recording on EuroSport now & Mrs. WBT is cooking up a storm of her own in the kitchen... looking forward to sitting down with some vino to watch a great race....

Anticyclone said:
Yes, there was a period of wintry mixed precipitation. But they seem to be out of it now on dry roads. There have been a few nasty crashes though. At one point, there was a platform structure on the right side of the road, and one of the riders somehow went straight at it. The front wheel flew off the bike and was tacoed; the rest of the bike flew in another direction. Don't know how badly the rider was hurt.

So Stijn Devolden of Quickstep wins, with Nick Nuyens in second place! I didn't see Boonen or Cancellara in the top ten.