Roof rack opinions

Shaft

Guest
I have just bought a thule roof rack for my new 4 wheeled rig. I have not purchased a bike mount yet
though. I am thinking that maybe i should get the type that you do not need to remove the front
wheel. It would be a time saver and keep the dirt/mud out of the truck for the most part. I am
looking for opinions of what others use and pro's/con's of each. My bike has disc brakes which i
believe does make some sort of difference. i was reading somewhere that you would need a differnt
part/adapter or something if i was to get a mount that i would need to remove the front wheel.

Thanks all, William Valley Mountain Bikers, Lehigh Valley, PA

shaft wrote:
> I have just bought a thule roof rack for my new 4 wheeled rig. I have not purchased a bike
> mount yet though. I am thinking that maybe i should get the type that you do not need to remove
> the front wheel. It would be a time saver and keep the dirt/mud out of the truck for the most
> part. I am looking for opinions of what others use and pro's/con's of each. My bike has disc
> brakes which i believe does make some sort of difference. i was reading somewhere that you
> would need a differnt part/adapter or something if i was to get a mount that i would need to
> remove the front wheel.
>
> Thanks all, William Valley Mountain Bikers, Lehigh Valley, PA

unless you are tall you need a step stool to get bikes off and on. I prefer a hitch rack

penny

Hey Shaft,

My Cuz and I have tried both version of the roof mount bike carrier and we both perfer the fork
mount and for the front wheel we use a wheel carrier. For us, we also felt the the bikes where
mounted down more solid and secure. As for the up right bike carrier, we did not like it because
we were alittle short on the reach. Nearly dropped the bike while trying to to put the bike onto
the carrier one time.

Hope this helps.