Rosarito-Ensenada 50 miles fun ride September 30...

....anybody is going to ride there?I partecipated to the last event in
April 22 2006
it was my first time and i did ride it with my Gary Fisher mountain
bike,i didn't even
change the mountain bike tires...and my time was perfectly 3 hours and
5 seconds
the best time was 2 and 13 minutes.I think my time was excellent...Now
I desire
ride this course by a road bicycle...do u think could i make it in 2
hours and 15 minutes?
Thank u in advance

mmmm... you did 26 kms/hr average with the mtb, what is pretty good.
You pretend to do 33 kms/hr average in road bike, if you do it in a
pack it is not a big deal, but by your self it is not easy.

best wishes for september.

I am quit far away here in veracruz, so I think I will not go.

[email protected] ha escrito:

hectordh wrote:
> mmmm... you did 26 kms/hr average with the mtb, what is pretty good.
> You pretend to do 33 kms/hr average in road bike, if you do it in a
> pack it is not a big deal, but by your self it is not easy.
>
> best wishes for september.
>
> I am quit far away here in veracruz, so I think I will not go.

Actually i did 27.2 kms/hr average because the course is little bit
longer
than 50 miles.My odometer reads distance : 81.96 kms
TM : 3h 005, average 27.2 Kms/h.Beside, after the official start in
Rosarito, I walk with my bike for 5 minutes because it was so crowdy
and when I started to pedal still my speed was too low trying to pass
the other bikers in
front of me.I gave the best of me during the uphill at El Tigre and I
climb it
with a very hard gear; infact I did pass almost everybody there and
most
were road biker...and i am 49 years old.
Dear Hector have u never partecipated at this event?
If not i suggest to do someday because it is a very beautiful course
and
about 7000-8000 people usually partecipate twice at year (
April-September)
Thank u for answering to me and good luck
Ciao Maurizio

> [email protected] ha escrito:
>
> > ...anybody is going to ride there?I partecipated to the last event in
> > April 22 2006
> > it was my first time and i did ride it with my Gary Fisher mountain
> > bike,i didn't even
> > change the mountain bike tires...and my time was perfectly 3 hours and
> > 5 seconds

> > the best time was 2 and 13 minutes.I think my time was excellent...Now
> > I desire
> > ride this course by a road bicycle...do u think could i make it in 2
> > hours and 15 minutes?
> > Thank u in advance

Hey that´s sounds like you will do a very good ride on a road one.

I have a couple of friends that participated and talks just good
things, they want to go on september again but I don´t think I could
do the travel with them. We will be waiting for the details and
photos...

oh somebody in flickr have some photos!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mastergerai/21528055/

8,000 people imagine a fall on the middle of the pack :S ok sorry I
just have an accident and I see a fall in every dog, street hole or
great bunch :p

[email protected] ha escrito: