Rossetti Bikes? Anyone have any experiences on Rossetti bikes?

samspade73

May 25, 2011
Ahhh, semantics. Don't believe they're an "Italian bike maker". They might design the bike, but it's made in Taiwan - not that there's anything wrong with that. No history attached to the Italian name, as with Bianchi, Pinarello, Colnago, etc...but it sounds cool though and gives them some mystery...

I wrote to them via eBay a while back trying to determine where their frame/forks were made and received the above answer.
Does this qualify them as "bike makers" when they design (maybe, didn't confirm this) the bike, but it's actually manufactured somewhere else? In my book, no.

I believe they sell online only - primarily through eBay. I'd also be interested to know if a person of their chosen name is actually affliated with the company in any way.

Don't think these bikes are any worse or better than any other at their price point.

Also don't think these guys are any different than the Stradalli brand "bike maker", which is also located in South Florida - hmmm, coincidence???

http://www.carbonroadbikebicyclecycling.com/

I hadn't heard of Stradalli but after comparing....I agree, there seems to be a lot of "uncanny" similarities between Stradalli and Rossetti: a mere 30-40 miles apart, both are claiming to be Italian, both their "low end" bike use Sram Apex brakeset, derailleur, crankset and cassette) and mid level bikes the same, but the price point on the low end Stadalli is $1999 (WITHOUT a saddle or tires) while the low end Rosetti is $1699 and $1799 (complete). Maybe the extra cost is cover the extra staff (see attached pic)

I don't have a problem with the frame being made in Taiwan per se, since the vast majority are made in Asia anyway (I can only think of a few exceptions but I'm FAR from an expert). But because your grandfather came from Italy 50 years and you have an Italian flag decal put on it, does it make your bikes Italian? Not so much.

One intriguing thing I'll say about what little I have been able to find out about Rossetti is how light the bike is for the price. I'm not one of those people who believes weight is everything, but it's generally a few pounds lighter than most of its peers at Trek, Orbea, Scott.....a few people who purchased and weighed it are saying it comes in around 16.5 after cutting and carbon bottle cages. My road bike budget is $2000 and I want the most bang for my buck, like everyone else.

Looks like some others had a similar conversation a year or two ago: (some testimonials on here seem to be fishy, while others seem to offer pros AND cons)
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=181021

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=158715

Attachments

• stradalli_sorrento_carbon_bicycle_SRAM_HED_hot_chick.jpg
    stradalli_sorrento_carbon_bicycle_SRAM_HED_hot_chick.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 55
I just purchased a 2012 Diablesse, Size M last month. I am 5'11" and 175 lbs. I ordered the SRAM red groupo with Rosetti carbon wheelset and their CNC machined brakeset. First of all, this is a great frame and team at Rosetti was fairly helpful on the front end. As with any mail order company, you are making a blind purchase, to the tune of exactly $3,745, so crossing your fingers is an understatement. They did respond to e-mails, at times a day or so late, however, they did everything they said they would. Here are a few comments:
- This is cut to size frame, meaning, you need to cut teh seat tube to your exact measurement. They have a unique seatpost(carbon slip-over design), with a Rosetti brand labeled seat.
- Red Groupo- I have always ridden Dura Ace and Record, first time SRAM user. Front D is an absolute piece of garbage. I could always tune my own components and now I am either getting too old, 37, or I have no memory of what limit screws do. After 2 pro mechanics wrenched on this simple mechanical speed bump, it is still not working properly. If you look at the 2011 reviews on SRAM Red, you will see exactly what I mean.
Rear D is fast, very clunky, not to smooth but it seems to stay in tune. If you like the SRAM style trigger shifters being 1 lever, it takes about 1 ride to get used to them, no issues there.

The frame is very solid and seems to have great connection points, and yes, it is made in Taiwan, just like many other big name frames.I was concerned with this as well, however, I made the decision to purchase this ride in hopes of never having to pursue a warranty claim.

This is a no frills company. You build your bike on-line, you pay for it, a box shows up 6 days later with nothing but the bike. Simple as that. No follow-up, not survey, no receipt or details in the box, just a bike........which is ok, unless you are expecting that Amazon type after purchase massage.

I wish Rossetti the best of luck and hope I love this bike as much as I loved my Motobecane LeChampion and Colnago.
Matt

Matt,

We must be brothers from another mother: After lusting after a Rossetti Diablesse and doing a lot of research, I pulled the trigger two weeks ago but didn't wind up buying a Rossetti. Instead I bought Motobecane LeChamp with 6770 ULTEGRA Di2 and I'm also 37 (but 5'10 and 155lb) I also didn't need the Amazon experience and have no problems with a no frills company. Just give me a good bike, at a good price. I bought a Motobecane CX bike last fall, rode it in 5-6 cross races, train on it and put a lot of commuting miles on it in bad winter weather (80 miles a week commuting alone) in Portland, OR.

I dropped the LeChamp off to get assembled and for my full fit appointment this weekend and one of the guys at the shop said "oh, an internet bike" and thumbed his nose up at it. I had to bite my tongue looking around at the 500 Trek Madones on the wall (overpriced for what you get if you ask me). I'm not saying Trek doesn't make good bikes, I have a 2001 Trek that's taken a pounding, but I had a somewhat limited budget of $3000 to include pedals and fit costs. Do I think Trek's engineers are better than Motobecane or Rossetti's and have more resources at their disposal to test their design? Probably.
But this is my first year racing (starting cat 5 road and am stoked) after a lifetime of competative distance running and a handful of tris, for the time being is that little edge going to make a difference? I'll worry about the wind tunnel tests and that half of a pound extra on the bike when (and if) I'm at 5% body fat and in full form.

I think you got a good deal, have a unique bike, with good wheels and components (front D imperfections aside) that 300 other people in your town aren't on, that I'm sure you'll be able to put lost of miles on and many years. The Diablesse has an awesome look to it. Just my opinion. I don't think I knew that about the Diablesse seat tube though, interesting.

Cheers and happy riding (and racing?)

[SIZE= 10pt][COLOR= black]I used to drive down to Miami from Gainesville Florida at least once or twice monthly and would always jump on the hammer ride that starts off in Sunset (South Miami). If you seek excitement, this is where you go to race for frills and for free. The peloton is comprised of some amazingly talented / fit riders including some of the top Pro riders in the state ride down there and the peloton is just massive - easily 80+ riders on average (yes, and that's at 6:30 AM!!!! on a week day). About a year ago, I started noticing more and more Rossetti bikes on the ride and they were owned by many of the well known regulars - not novices. So, in February 2011, when my buddy in Canada asked me to suggest some bikes, I obviously sent him to look at Specialized and Cannondale, but I also suggested taking a look at the Rossetti. Needless to say he pull the trigger and bought a Vertigo in flat black with SRAM Red and the deep dish wheels for half of what he would have paid for any of the other named brands. I did make sure he knew that this was obviously a knock-off, but that it was getting some good local reviews in Miami. Shortly after he got his bike, I moved to Canada and we started riding together. On one of our easy rides, we were going up a slight hill and I heard this really BAD noise coming from his bike and, yes, the rear derailleur over shot the upper cog lodging the chain between the spokes. You guessed it!!! With his 185 Lbs. crushing down on the pedals, you can imagine what happened to the wheel and, of course, the derailleur - my heart sunk – it was really ugly. The bike shop here in Burlington wanted about $480 bucks just for the derailleur and, of course, they didn't have the hanger (that broke) since it was proprietary to the Rossetti (nor did they have the 6 spokes that ripped off). So, we called Rossetti and asked for the spokes and hanger and just thought we'd ask if they could also sell us a derailleur. 3 days later, we had a DHL delivery that included the derailleur that they sold my buddy for $160 less than the store was going to charge him (it was even less than on eBay). Needless to say we took the bike somewhere else to get repaired (the other guys had built it the first time and probably didn't adjust the stops right on day one). Last thing I will say is that my buddy is one of those guys that worries more about how he looks on the bike and even though he's wiped out 2 times with it, every time we go anywhere, he always gets the "...man, that's a sweet bike... nice ride man!". BTW, I still ride a Trek US Postal 5200 and I'm dreaming of getting a Rossetti (as soon as I win the Lotto 649) - best bang for the buck in my book. Just remember that, at the end of the day, when you crash or just drop your new bike, you will feel a lot better that you didn't pay more for it than the car you are driving. LOL. Cheers.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

hi guys, i know this is a little late for a post but i wanted to give the info for future readers. i ride with those guys zabserelli mentioned. I ride with them every saturday. they are the rossetti team. they all ride in the Robert's ride to homestead on saturday. Andres is one of them and casually today he was telling me to buy a rossetti.He works for them as one of the sales man in the store. this happened at the beginning of the ride today. he has multiple rossettis and all of them are beautiful. today he had a yellow demo with ultegra Di. very nice bike. Other than that all i can say is that they are very legit. Many of the guys that ride here in miami have rossettis and they seem happy. A friend of mine just bought 2 and he likes them. he had a Scott foil which is what i want since i have read they are very stiff. i have not heard of any complaints among the groups or riders. i am going to check them out. i hope this helps. BTW he was telling me that Rossettis are made in the same factory that Scott,Giant and some other brands are made. I ride a Scott CR1 and i love the stiffness of it since i am a big rider. i will have to check those rossettis...

the rossetti agatha is a fun to ride light weight race bike WOULD RECOMED TO ANYONE!