Roswell Crit: day 6 Roswell,GA

Jason Waddell

Guest
Well its all over now. This has been a great week of racing and I am really looking forward to the
rest of the year. I know now what I need to work on and what I need to improve to get myself to that
next level. I don't know that I will make it to the level that I aspire and want to be at, but I am
so close now...

The race: I vowed after last nights debacle that I would start in the front and stay in the front. I
lead out the first lap and after that went with almost every single move that went. Klasna (Saturn)
and Henderson(7UP) were off the front for 20 laps or so and Navigators tried to bring them close
enough to get a guy across. This didn't work the first time, so after 10 laps of chasing Klasna and
Henderson's gap held.

Next time around Shroeder Iron helped the Navigators and the break was finally caught. This is where
I screwed up, I missed one move that was very promising with everyone in it. The field sat up on the
very narrow course and I couldn't get around. After 3 full basically parade laps the break was only
10 seconds in front of the field? They had the gap if they wanted it, but didn't drive it home. At
this time two of the Jittery Joe's guys(Lawler and ???) went to the front with my teammate Nick
Kiernan(Mathis Bros) and for 3 laps straight my guy and those two steadily brought the break back.
It was about 6 laps to go at this time.

Field sprint time, I was really excited that tonights race was coming down to a field sprint that I
forgot to sprint. Not really, but without teammates to help you to the front and after following
numerous attacks throughout the race you have trouble fighting for those valuable few places on the
final laps. I was in 10th with one lap to go and my legs wouldn't let me move up at all, my snap was
gone. Passed two guys in the long sprint and saw Meza and Carney get jiggy with it up front. That
was exciting to watch. Oh yeah, I got 8th.

Thanks for reading everyone, Jason Waddell Mathis Brothers Elite Team

Thanks for the report Jason; you looked good out there. At the time, I couldn't figure out why that
late break with Horner & co. didn't stay away either, but heard later from someone in it that he was
telling guys to ease up. Interesting, considering the outcome...and good for you! ;-)

"Jason Waddell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well its all over now. This has been a great week of racing and I am
really
> looking forward to the rest of the year. I know now what I need to work
on and
> what I need to improve to get myself to that next level. I don't know
that I
> will make it to the level that I aspire and want to be at, but I am so
close
> now...
>
> The race: I vowed after last nights debacle that I would start in the
front
> and stay in the front. I lead out the first lap and after that went with almost every single move
> that went. Klasna (Saturn) and Henderson(7UP)
were
> off the front for 20 laps or so and Navigators tried to bring them close
enough
> to get a guy across. This didn't work the first time, so after 10 laps of chasing Klasna and
> Henderson's gap held.
>
> Next time around Shroeder Iron helped the Navigators and the break was
finally
> caught. This is where I screwed up, I missed one move that was very
promising
> with everyone in it. The field sat up on the very narrow course and I
couldn't
> get around. After 3 full basically parade laps the break was only 10
seconds
> in front of the field? They had the gap if they wanted it, but didn't
drive it
> home. At this time two of the Jittery Joe's guys(Lawler and ???) went to
the
> front with my teammate Nick Kiernan(Mathis Bros) and for 3 laps straight
my guy
> and those two steadily brought the break back. It was about 6 laps to go
at
> this time.
>
> Field sprint time, I was really excited that tonights race was coming
down to
> a field sprint that I forgot to sprint. Not really, but without teammates
> help you to the front and after following numerous attacks throughout the
race
> you have trouble fighting for those valuable few places on the final laps.
> was in 10th with one lap to go and my legs wouldn't let me move up at all,
my
> snap was gone. Passed two guys in the long sprint and saw Meza and Carney
get
> jiggy with it up front. That was exciting to watch. Oh yeah, I got 8th.
>
> Thanks for reading everyone, Jason Waddell Mathis Brothers Elite Team

[email protected] (Jason Waddell) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... snip

Passed two guys in the long sprint and saw Meza and Carney get
> jiggy with it up front. That was exciting to watch. Oh yeah, I got 8th.
>
> Thanks for reading everyone, Jason Waddell Mathis Brothers Elite Team

Thanks for the great reports from the inside. After reading about the controversial finish, and
noticing your placing, I was looking forward to your opinion. But I can understand if you do not
want to go there.

Bob Parker