Rotor Power Cranks

dickandmutt

Jun 16, 2013
I have had a set for two months and generally I am pleased, I use a Garmin 500 as the head unit.

I've tried to install the Rotor software - both 0.8 and 0.9 versions, but just don't seem to be able to get it to recognise my Garmin ANT stick. I have now tried two different WIndows 7 and two different WIndows XP laptops. The Garmin ANT Agent sees the ANT stick on all four, and pairs with a Garmin watch. The Rotor software insists it can't see the ANT stick on any system. I have tried removing the ANT Agent but it makes no difference. The Windows laptops all acknowledge insertion of the ANT stick.

I've done a lot of internet searches and nobody seems to be flagging this up. ANyone using the Rotor software with a Garmin stick? ANyone using the Rotor software with another stick?

Thanks,
Antony.

It is the power cranks that need to send data to the computer not the Garmin, and the Garmin doesn't collect key data that the Cranks supply. :)

dickandmutt said:
It is the power cranks that need to send data to the computer not the Garmin, and the Garmin doesn't collect key data that the Cranks supply. :)
Well, then you need to talk to Rotor. It's unlikely that you'll find many people using the Rotor power cranks since they're so new to the market.

I recently bought these cranks. Power reading were well down so Rotor UK told me to download the new software for the cranks. Just cant get it to work, The Garmn ANT+ dongle works (because my Garmin Swim works fine) and all I get is an error message on the Rotor software stating that the dongle isnt attached or the cranks are not on, which they are because I paired them with my 810...

Crazy that they dont ship these in working order..................

Anyone had similar issues and resolved them?

thanks

nifo said:
I recently bought these cranks. Power reading were well down so Rotor UK told me to download the new software for the cranks. Just cant get it to work, The Garmn ANT+ dongle works (because my Garmin Swim works fine) and all I get is an error message on the Rotor software stating that the dongle isnt attached or the cranks are not on, which they are because I paired them with my 810...   Crazy that they dont ship these in working order.................. Anyone had similar issues and resolved them? thanks
You're going to have to contact Rotor for more help. There aren't that many Rotor power cranks out there, so crowd sourced solutions are going to be sparse.

Waiting th hear back from them, but if they expect to compete in this space they need to sort this basic stuff out

Originally Posted by nifo

Waiting th hear back from them, but if they expect to compete in this space they need to sort this basic stuff out
I'm experiencing the same problem. Did you get this resolved? Can't get software to find ANT+ dongle
Thanks

Hi, in the end they took back the crankset and gave me a refund. I bought a set of SRM from the US. Great piece of kit.