Rotor + Quarq

genedan

Feb 13, 2010
Hey, does anyone have experience here with Rotor and Quarq? I'm thinking about getting a compact crank with Quarq installed, but it looks like the Quarq model you get is dependent on the chainrings. Do you know if 53/39 chainrings can fit on a 110mm Rotor? If so, can I still use the Quarq that would have been purchased for a 110mm spindle?

The question you need to ask is really whether you can get 39 53 chainrings with a 110mm BCD spider. The brand of cranks should not matter. In fact, in the case of Rotor cranks you can replace a standard (130mm BCD) spider with a 110mm item without having to replace the cranks. Similarly you could put either a compact Quarq or a standard Quarq spider on the same rotor cranks.

I think Specialités TA or FSA might do compact 39 and 53 chainrings, but if you're going with 39/53 then you don't need a compact spider. A standard 130mm BCD spider is designed for this and I would argue for trying to find the 130mm sized Quarq first.

Whatever you do, you should do it quickly. Quarq has just been aquired by SRAM which means there won't be many more Quarqs made for Rotor cranks!