Rotor System Crank Sets

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by landon2, Nov 1, 2003.

  1. landon2

    landon2 Guest

    Has anyone had any experience with the Rotor System crank system that I saw recently? It has a lot
    of claims- faster speeds, eliminates the 'dead spot' while pedalling, reduced heart rate, lower
    cadences. Sounds too good to be true. I've been to their web site - http://www.rotorbike.com and
    read a few reviews, but for the price, it better make coffee in the morning as well as walk the dog.

    Chuck

    Tags:

  2. Marc Webb

    Marc Webb Guest

    Hi Guys, I installed (properly adjusted) a Rotor Crank system on my 26/20 Reynolds Weld Lab T-Bone.
    All of the claims are true. I increased my cruising speed 2 to 3 MPH (or more) and my top speed
    increased about 3 MPH. I can now keep up with the "A" group pace line for the last 10 miles of the
    ride on the Jupiter Island, Florida from Coral Cove Park on Saturday mornings.

    --
    ...Marc <-------

    e-mail: [email protected] AIM: kb1d <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone had any experience with the Rotor System crank system that I saw recently? It has a
    > lot of claims- faster speeds, eliminates the 'dead spot' while pedalling, reduced heart rate,
    > lower cadences. Sounds too good to be true. I've been to their web site -
    > http://www.rotorbike.com and read a few reviews, but for the price, it better make coffee in the
    > morning as well as walk the dog.
    >
    > Chuck

  3. Marc Webb

    Marc Webb Guest

    Hi Again, My experience with the Rotor Crank is that I can't "feel" any difference in the pedal
    action except I can increase my cadence rate to the next larger gear on the rear cluster. I am
    comfortable at cadences up to 110 - 115+ RPM with the Rotors, where, with my Dura Ace triple, I was
    not comfortable at 110 RPM and above. The T-Bone has a natural resonance vibration in the frame at
    that cadence with standard cranks. Now I pedal at a higher cadence without the frame resonance.

    The non power pedal coming up from bottom dead center travels faster than the power pedal being
    pushed down during the power stroke. Since the power pedal is going slower than the non power pedal,
    a raise in the cadence brings the power pedal back to speed. Does that make sense?

    Well anyway, I go faster...........................

    ...Marc

    e-mail: [email protected] AIM: kb1d <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Has anyone had any experience with the Rotor System crank system that I saw recently? It has a
    > lot of claims- faster speeds, eliminates the 'dead spot' while pedalling, reduced heart rate,
    > lower cadences. Sounds too good to be true. I've been to their web site -
    > http://www.rotorbike.com and read a few reviews, but for the price, it better make coffee in the
    > morning as well as walk the dog.
    >
    > Chuck

  4. Harv

    Harv Guest

    You should post the question on the BROL site. Frank Geyer is a pretty fast guy who races a Jester
    and is the US distributer for Rotor cranks. He uses the net name Franknspeed. He's very technical
    with training protocol and uses heart rate and watts to rpm ratios, so his data are validated by his
    recent 3:53 century!

    > Has anyone had any experience with the Rotor System crank system that I saw recently? It has a
    > lot of claims- faster speeds, eliminates the 'dead spot' while pedalling, reduced heart rate,
    > lower cadences. Sounds too good to be true. I've been to their web site -
    > http://www.rotorbike.com and read a few reviews, but for the price, it better make coffee in the
    > morning as well as walk the dog.
    >
    > Chuck

  5. Donn Cave

    Donn Cave Guest

    Quoth [email protected]:
    | Has anyone had any experience with the Rotor System crank system that I saw recently? It has a
    | lot of claims- faster speeds, eliminates the 'dead spot' while pedalling, reduced heart rate,
    | lower cadences. Sounds too good to be true. I've been to their web site -
    | http://www.rotorbike.com and read a few reviews, but for the price, it better make coffee in the
    | morning as well as walk the dog.

    For anyone whose browser is as confounded as mine by this web site, you can at least get past the
    brain damage on the first page with http://www.rotorbike.com/eng/home.htm

    I suppose the patents on Houdaille Industries' Bio-Cam have expired by now? (Did I spell that
    right?) I recall wanting one, makes me feel kind of old to think that was more than 20 years ago.
    Maybe the world is now ready for more moving parts in the crankset.

    Donn

  6. Dh

    Dh Guest

    Marc, two questions ... what's the approximate price of one (I looked at the site and saw no prices)
    ... and how involved is the adjustment. Thanks, Dave

  7. J.Davis

    J.Davis Guest

    I read that the price....without installation....is up to $865!

    jd

    "DH" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Marc, two questions ... what's the approximate price of one (I looked at the site and saw no
    > prices) ... and how involved is the adjustment. Thanks, Dave

  8. Dh

    Dh Guest

    This will have to wait till I hit the lottery.

  9. Dh

    Dh Guest

    I just read that they were at a bike fair I attended last month (Bike Motion in Utrecht). I wish I
    had known about this then as I could have test ridden the product first hand, so to speak. From what
    little I've read about this, it seems a little like the principle used by Nautilus workout
    equipment. Interesting. (I'll keep playing the lotto.)