Roubaix comp or Defy Advanced 2

Brittanyboy

Oct 2, 2009
Old man needs new bike. The daughter liked my road bike a lot. I haven't seen it lately. So I'm looking for a new one. I had a Giant Defy Alliance, it is a very confortable and fast bike. I've narrowed it down to the Giant Defy Advanced 2 or Specialized Roubaix Comp Rival. Anyone own these bikes or have some input on them. I know I really can't miss with the Giant, but before I pull the trigger, I'm wanting some knowledgable input.

I know lots of Roubaix riders who would never part with their steeds until the handlebars were pried from their cold, dead fingers. These are usually guys who latched onto the Roubaix before while Giant was still making OCRs, and before Felt made the Z-series, Look made the 566, and so on. What I'm implying is that there are viable alternatives to the Roubaix, and the Defy is one of them. I also think the hyper-extended head tubes and arched top tubes on the Roubaix are silly, and Trek says that the Zertz in the forks and stays just dampens frequencies that can only be detected by sophisticated test instruments.

If the Defy tickled your fancy, you will not be missing anything by not getting a Roubaix.