Round Australia in 06

websterm

Nov 10, 2004
Hi - Im a newbie here but on several other lists - I'm looking for anyone else interested in doing the biggie or any part therof - round Australia, anticlockwise probably starting in about April next year, taking - as long as it takes!. About 100kms a day probably on mtb with slicks - I want to do a bit of exploring on the way eg Bungle Bungles, Gibb R Rd in Kimberleys. camping or cheap hotels/motels. Ive done a fair bit of touring, mtbing and road riding (Audax etc). Route would avoid east coast (esp NSW roads on E coast) so set off from Victoria and up the inland route. Any takers? (ive got 2 partial interests so far)

websterm said:
Hi - Im a newbie here but on several other lists - I'm looking for anyone else interested in doing the biggie or any part therof - round Australia, anticlockwise probably starting in about April next year, taking - as long as it takes!. About 100kms a day probably on mtb with slicks - I want to do a bit of exploring on the way eg Bungle Bungles, Gibb R Rd in Kimberleys. camping or cheap hotels/motels. Ive done a fair bit of touring, mtbing and road riding (Audax etc). Route would avoid east coast (esp NSW roads on E coast) so set off from Victoria and up the inland route. Any takers? (ive got 2 partial interests so far)
Is Cyclotouriste one of your interested parties?:eek: .

You'll have to expand into an extensive expletive vocabulary if he is!, and carry a shotty, flack jacket, and perhaps get the Fed tactical response unit on standby for a quick recover & evac.:rolleyes:

OoOoOo... I'm tempted... I finish uni at then end of this year (fingers crossed!) and haven't exactly decided what to do next year yet...

I've never cycle-toured before though.

Starting in Vic in April next year, eh? I'll need to think about it. Really depends what campaigns/blockades are happening at the time...