UK and Europe · Public discussion

Route Finder Software

Started by Mseries · · Last activity · 3 posts · 10,527 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
31 December 2003
Last activity
31 December 2003
Original author
Mseries
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
10,527
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I generally use OS maps and a OS map CDROM to plan new routes and I also find the route finder on
    the AA website useful for a rough estimation of the distance and as a first stab at a route. Can
    anyone recommend a CDROM based route finder software that is comparable to the AA website ?

    Thanks Martin

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. mseries.freeserve.co.ukmseries.freeserve.co.uk

  2. "MSeries" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I generally use OS maps and a OS map CDROM to plan new routes and I also find the route finder on
    the AA website useful for a rough estimation of


    the

    Quoted message said:

    distance and as a first stab at a route. Can anyone recommend a CDROM


    based

    Quoted message said:

    route finder software that is comparable to the AA website ?

    Thanks Martin

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. mseries.freeserve.co.ukmseries.freeserve.co.uk

    There is the Microsoft AutoRoute product which, like you, I use for a first pass at routes.

    You just have to set the preferences thing to not go on Motorways and reduce the percentage for A
    roads to a low level - it then works, sorta, for a bike as an indication

    RG

  3. On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 12:57:15 +0000 (UTC), in
    <[email hidden]>, "RG"

    Quoted message said:


    "MSeries" <[email hidden]> wrote in message -"]news:[email hidden]-
    berlin.de...

    Quoted message said:

    distance and as a first stab at a route. Can anyone recommend a CDROM


    based

    Quoted message said:

    route finder software that is comparable to the AA website ?

    There is the Microsoft AutoRoute product which, like you, I use for a first pass at routes.

    You just have to set the preferences thing to not go on Motorways and reduce the percentage for A
    roads to a low level - it then works, sorta, for a bike as an indication

    It does some odd (but logically correct) things though: I asked it for a route from Holyhead to
    somewhere in mainland Wales (can't remember where exactly) avoiding A roads. It recommended I
    travelled to Liverpool via Dublin!
    --
    Due to a typing error on the Children's Hospital menu Saturday evening now offers "Beef burger in a
    bum". Email: Put only the word "richard" before the @ sign.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.