Route from Strathfield to MacQuarie Uni?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by marc_9, Jan 20, 2004.

  1. marc_9

    marc_9 Guest

    Would like to commute to McQuarie Uni from Strathfield.
    I can get to the Homebush Bay cycle tracks quite easily, but unsure
    from Rhodes or Concord West onwards.
    Any suggestions?
    marc from Sydney

    Tags:

  2. SteveDel

    SteveDel Guest

    Marc_9 wrote:
    > Would like to commute to McQuarie Uni from Strathfield. I can get to the
    > Homebush Bay cycle tracks quite easily, but unsure from Rhodes or
    > Concord West onwards. Any suggestions? marc from Sydney

    Marc,

    A few url's to help. The RTA site is good, and has the Map that covers
    your ride. Should give you what you want. The BUGS may be able to give
    you a link-up with other commuters travelling or who have travelled the
    same route.

    http://bikesydney.cat.org.au/ http://bikenorth.org.au/ http://www.rta.n-
    sw.gov.au/trafficinformation/bicycles/bicyclemaps/sydneymetropolitanbic-
    yclemaps.html

    regards

    SteveDel ("I ride to work, but I work to ride!")

    --

  3. Peter Barlow

    Peter Barlow Guest

    "marc_9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Would like to commute to McQuarie Uni from Strathfield.
    > I can get to the Homebush Bay cycle tracks quite easily, but unsure
    > from Rhodes or Concord West onwards.
    > Any suggestions?

    Marc
    I have a route I use fairly often when I am heading north which passes very
    close to the Uni. I will try to describe it so you can follow it on a
    street directory.

    If you can get across to Homebush then you probably know the bike path that
    runs along the edge of Bicentennial Park near Homebush Bay Drive. Follow
    this north till it spits you out on Alfred St. Find the path next to the
    railway line & follow it to Walker St, Rhodes. Follow Walker till it turns
    under the railway then 1st right into Blaxland Rd. A short way on a bike
    path starts on the right that leads onto John Whitton Bridge across the
    Parramatta River to Railway Rd, Meadowbank. First left over the railway,
    right into Bank St, then Union St & Maxim St to Victoria Rd. Use the
    pedestrian signals to cross Victoria Rd & enter West Pde. Cross the railway
    at Gordon Cr, immediately left into East Pde, follow to Railway Pde & May
    St, then left into Ball Ave. Pedestrian signals again to cross Blaxland Rd
    & enter Vimiera Rd. Follow Vimiera until just after you cross Epping Rd
    where you will find the Uni on your right.

    There are a few hills on this route but I doubt there is a route that avoids
    them entirely. If you are not fit now you soon will be if you do this out &
    back every day.

    Good luck
    Peter

  4. marc_9