Route from Strathfield to MacQuarie Uni?

marc_9

Guest
Would like to commute to McQuarie Uni from Strathfield.
I can get to the Homebush Bay cycle tracks quite easily, but unsure
from Rhodes or Concord West onwards.
Any suggestions?
marc from Sydney

Marc_9 wrote:
> Would like to commute to McQuarie Uni from Strathfield. I can get to the
> Homebush Bay cycle tracks quite easily, but unsure from Rhodes or
> Concord West onwards. Any suggestions? marc from Sydney

Marc,

A few url's to help. The RTA site is good, and has the Map that covers
your ride. Should give you what you want. The BUGS may be able to give
you a link-up with other commuters travelling or who have travelled the
same route.

http://bikesydney.cat.org.au/ http://bikenorth.org.au/ http://www.rta.n-
sw.gov.au/trafficinformation/bicycles/bicyclemaps/sydneymetropolitanbic-
yclemaps.html

regards

SteveDel ("I ride to work, but I work to ride!")

--

"marc_9" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Would like to commute to McQuarie Uni from Strathfield.
> I can get to the Homebush Bay cycle tracks quite easily, but unsure
> from Rhodes or Concord West onwards.
> Any suggestions?

Marc
I have a route I use fairly often when I am heading north which passes very
close to the Uni. I will try to describe it so you can follow it on a
street directory.

If you can get across to Homebush then you probably know the bike path that
runs along the edge of Bicentennial Park near Homebush Bay Drive. Follow
this north till it spits you out on Alfred St. Find the path next to the
railway line & follow it to Walker St, Rhodes. Follow Walker till it turns
under the railway then 1st right into Blaxland Rd. A short way on a bike
path starts on the right that leads onto John Whitton Bridge across the
Parramatta River to Railway Rd, Meadowbank. First left over the railway,
right into Bank St, then Union St & Maxim St to Victoria Rd. Use the
pedestrian signals to cross Victoria Rd & enter West Pde. Cross the railway
at Gordon Cr, immediately left into East Pde, follow to Railway Pde & May
St, then left into Ball Ave. Pedestrian signals again to cross Blaxland Rd
& enter Vimiera Rd. Follow Vimiera until just after you cross Epping Rd
where you will find the Uni on your right.

There are a few hills on this route but I doubt there is a route that avoids
them entirely. If you are not fit now you soon will be if you do this out &
back every day.

Good luck
Peter

Thanks Peter.