Lately, I am thinking of cycling across the USA. I have cycled a good chunk
of it plus Canada but never gone coast to coast.
Where in Vermont does the Adventure Cycle route cross?
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
rec.bicycles.rides · Public discussion
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Lately, I am thinking of cycling across the USA. I have cycled a good chunk
of it plus Canada but never gone coast to coast.
Where in Vermont does the Adventure Cycle route cross?
Quoted message said:Where in Vermont does the Adventure Cycle route cross?
This map:
http://www.adv-cycling.org/routes/northerntier.cfm?pg=detail&s=11
from Adventure Cycling web page suggest Middlebury/Sharon.
I had found that Vermont is definitely one of those states where it
matters a lot if you're going "with the grain" or "against the grain"
with lots of short and steep hills. West Virginia is another
example...
My love for cycle touring started when I went to college in the Boston
metro area. New England was fun because it was possible in a day to
ride to different states. One weekend, myself and two companions
vowed to bicycle from Boston area "to Vermont". Without too much
trouble we headed out 119 and via New Hampshire to Keene.
Unfortunately by this time it was getting late and there was no way we
were going to climb the last hill over to Brattleboro. Hence we
declared victory anyways and decided Keene was part of Vermont...
--mev, Mike Vermeulen
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.