Route recommendation?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mads Hilberg, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    I will be arriving in the Harwich on Wednesday and will cycle to Norwich (no problem in finding a
    route here). A few days later I intend to cycle from Litcham (near Kings Lynn) to Clifton Hampden
    (near Oxford), which according to the primitive AA route finder is about 150 miles. If anyone knows
    of a good route (or route segments) between these two places, I'd be very interested. I'm
    particularly interested in avoiding too much hill climbing if at all possible.

    Cheers,

    Mads

    NB: Being a dark side convert, I'll be riding an SWB recumbent with front fairing and pulling a yak
    bob trailer.

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Mads Hilberg wrote:
    > I will be arriving in the Harwich on Wednesday and will cycle to Norwich (no problem in finding a
    > route here). A few days later I intend to cycle from Litcham (near Kings Lynn) to Clifton Hampden
    > (near Oxford), which according to the primitive AA route finder is about 150 miles. If anyone
    > knows of a good route (or route segments) between these two places, I'd be very interested. I'm
    > particularly interested in avoiding too much hill climbing if at all possible.

    Have you got a good WH Smiths or book store in your area? An Ordinance Survey map should help (can
    work out where the hills are from them as well).

    ~PB

  3. Peter Simons

    Peter Simons Guest

    x-no-archive: yes

    Pete Biggs wrote:

    > Have you got a good WH Smiths or book store in your area? An Ordinance Survey map should help (can
    > work out where the hills are from them as well).

    Depends on how easy Ordnance survey maps are to find in Denmark I guess

    Peter

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    > Depends on how easy Ordnance survey maps are to find in Denmark I guess

    Oh, sorry Mads.

    ~PB

  5. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    > > Depends on how easy Ordnance survey maps are to find in Denmark I guess
    >
    > Oh, sorry Mads.

    No worries - I can pick one up when I get as far as Norwich.

    Thanks

    Mads

  6. Stephan Bird

    Stephan Bird Guest

    > >Depends on how easy Ordnance survey maps are to find in Denmark I guess
    > >
    > >Peter
    > >

    > You can buy them online from http://www.ordsvy.gov.uk/

    True, but the last time I remember trying that I think you needed map numbers :). At a rough guess
    (if you can get to King's Lynn) 132, 142, 143, 152, 153, 164 and 165 ought to suffice (for the
    Landrangers anyway, not sure about the pathfinder/explorers)

    Alterantively, isn't there the touring series at approx 1 inch to 6 miles or so - not sure how
    useful that'd be?

    Stephan
    --
    Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC [email protected]