Route recommendation?

Mads Hilberg

Guest
I will be arriving in the Harwich on Wednesday and will cycle to Norwich (no problem in finding a
route here). A few days later I intend to cycle from Litcham (near Kings Lynn) to Clifton Hampden
(near Oxford), which according to the primitive AA route finder is about 150 miles. If anyone knows
of a good route (or route segments) between these two places, I'd be very interested. I'm
particularly interested in avoiding too much hill climbing if at all possible.

Cheers,

Mads

NB: Being a dark side convert, I'll be riding an SWB recumbent with front fairing and pulling a yak
bob trailer.

Mads Hilberg wrote:
> I will be arriving in the Harwich on Wednesday and will cycle to Norwich (no problem in finding a
> route here). A few days later I intend to cycle from Litcham (near Kings Lynn) to Clifton Hampden
> (near Oxford), which according to the primitive AA route finder is about 150 miles. If anyone
> knows of a good route (or route segments) between these two places, I'd be very interested. I'm
> particularly interested in avoiding too much hill climbing if at all possible.

Have you got a good WH Smiths or book store in your area? An Ordinance Survey map should help (can
work out where the hills are from them as well).

~PB

x-no-archive: yes

Pete Biggs wrote:

> Have you got a good WH Smiths or book store in your area? An Ordinance Survey map should help (can
> work out where the hills are from them as well).

Depends on how easy Ordnance survey maps are to find in Denmark I guess

Peter

> Depends on how easy Ordnance survey maps are to find in Denmark I guess

Oh, sorry Mads.

~PB

> > Depends on how easy Ordnance survey maps are to find in Denmark I guess
>
> Oh, sorry Mads.

No worries - I can pick one up when I get as far as Norwich.

Thanks

Mads

> >Depends on how easy Ordnance survey maps are to find in Denmark I guess
> >
> >Peter
> >

> You can buy them online from http://www.ordsvy.gov.uk/

True, but the last time I remember trying that I think you needed map numbers :). At a rough guess
(if you can get to King's Lynn) 132, 142, 143, 152, 153, 164 and 165 ought to suffice (for the
Landrangers anyway, not sure about the pathfinder/explorers)

Alterantively, isn't there the touring series at approx 1 inch to 6 miles or so - not sure how
useful that'd be?

Stephan
--
Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC [email protected]