Routes in Portsmouth OH?

Alan

Guest
I am going to be staying in Portsmouth OH at Shawnee Lodge in the state park. I am looking for some
rides and/or maps so I can do some road riding on my own. Let me know if you can help.

Thanks!!!

Alan aefishman(no spam)@yahoo.com

http://www.tosrv.org/03/index.htm

http://www.outdoor-pursuits.org/

You might be able to find some information at one of these sites or their links. The TOSRV is a ride
between Columbus and Portsmouth sponsored by the Outdoor Pursuits organization.

"Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I am going to be staying in Portsmouth OH at Shawnee Lodge in the state park. I am looking for
> some rides and/or maps so I can do some road
riding
> on my own. Let me know if you can help.
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> Alan aefishman(no spam)@yahoo.com

I believe that Outdoor Pursuits is updating and reissuing some bicycling maps that were originally
issued by ODOT at one time -- I don't know whether they have gotten to Southern Ohio yet. If you are
interested in history, try tracing the route of the old Ohio and Erie Canal, or tracking down the
old stone iron furnaces. Information on both should be available at the Portsmouth Visitor's bureau.
That is hilly country with narrow roads.

--
Cheers! OliverS When replying personally, remove "_removespam_"

"When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race." HG Wells