Routing Bar-Con Cables

Devon

Guest
Can anyone point me to a photo or graphic which shows the routing of the shifter cable or housing
around/through the brake lever on a USS setup??

[email protected] (DeVon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Can anyone point me to a photo or graphic which shows the routing of the shifter cable or housing
> around/through the brake lever on a USS setup??

No pictures, but...

Bar-con shifters should route the housing alongside the body of the brake lever. No conventional
brake levers that I know of allow the housing to be routed "through" the body of the lever.

If you have a digital camera, send me a photo of your setup and I'll mark it up with where I think
the cable should go.

Jeff

[email protected] (Jeff Wills) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (DeVon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > Can anyone point me to a photo or graphic which shows the routing of the shifter cable or
> > housing around/through the brake lever on a USS setup??
>
> No pictures, but...
>
> Bar-con shifters should route the housing alongside the body of the brake lever. No conventional
> brake levers that I know of allow the housing to be routed "through" the body of the lever.
>
> If you have a digital camera, send me a photo of your setup and I'll mark it up with where I think
> the cable should go.
>
> Jeff

I drilled a groove for the bar con housing at the gap in the clamp portion of SRAM 7.0 levers
(mounted on Bacchetta bars). The groove needs to be big enough to avoid crimping the housing when
the clamp is tightened. I got the idea from John Schlitter (Bacchetta) who drilled a groove at the
base of the Shimano lever housing above the lever. A similar groove should work for a USS setup

[email protected] (DeVon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Can anyone point me to a photo or graphic which shows the routing of the shifter cable or housing
> around/through the brake lever on a USS setup??

I have mine routed ON TOP of the brake lever, and crosses it right where the adjustment bolt spans
the split in the lever. This way, it is least likely to be under my fingers.

Chris Vision R85 Double Vision USS