Rowbike?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by ain, Aug 6, 2004.

  1. ain

    ain Guest

    http://rowbike.com/

    I was intested at first but the handlebars seem too high. Also people might
    think I was handicapped or something.

    Tags:

  2. scurry

    scurry Guest

    ain wrote:
    > http://rowbike.com/
    >
    > I was intested at first but the handlebars seem too high. Also people might
    > think I was handicapped or something.

    And they'd be right.
    Please SPAM elsewhere

  3. ain

    ain Guest

    "scurry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > ain wrote:
    > > http://rowbike.com/
    > >
    > > I was intested at first but the handlebars seem too high. Also people

    might
    > > think I was handicapped or something.

    > And they'd be right.
    > Please SPAM elsewhere

    SPAM??? I don't think so, A**hole.

  4. ain

    ain Guest

    "ain" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

    > "scurry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > ain wrote:
    > > > http://rowbike.com/
    > > >
    > > > I was intested at first but the handlebars seem too high. Also people

    > might
    > > > think I was handicapped or something.

    > > And they'd be right.
    > > Please SPAM elsewhere

    > SPAM??? I don't think so, A**hole.

    You think I would sell that crap of a bike.

  5. scurry

    scurry Guest

    ain wrote:
    > "ain" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >
    >>"scurry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>news:[email protected]

    >>might

    >>>And they'd be right.
    >>>Please SPAM elsewhere

    >>SPAM??? I don't think so, A**hole.

    > You think I would sell that crap of a bike.

    If it quacks like a duck...

  6. ain

    ain Guest

    "scurry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > ain wrote:
    > > "ain" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:9I[email protected]
    > >
    > >>"scurry" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > >>news:[email protected]

    > >>might

    > >>SPAM??? I don't think so, A**hole.

    > > You think I would sell that crap of a bike.

    > If it quacks like a duck...

    OK. What part of my orginal post sounded like spam to you?????

  7. ain says:

    >Also people might
    >think I was handicapped or something.

    At the risk of sounding excessively PC, what TF is wrong with people thinking
    you're handicapped?

    Steve

  8. scurry

    scurry Guest

    ain wrote:

    > OK. What part of my orginal post sounded like spam to you?????

    This isn't a fitness products ng. Its a mountain biking ng. That
    device that masquerades as a bicycle might handle smooth dirt roads at
    best, handicapped indeed. I could out ride one of those in the dirt
    with my slick-tired road bike.
    Its the sort of thing sold late at night on infomercials by people with
    glued on smiles. When I see an out of context post like that, with a
    link directly to an add, rather than a review, for example, it just
    sounds like spam.
    Assuming you're the "ain" who's posted here in the past, lighten up, I
    misinterpreted your intention. If you're a spammer who's using his ID,
    well FOAD. :)

    Shawn

  9. ain

    ain Guest

    > ain says:
    >
    > >Also people might
    > >think I was handicapped or something.

    > At the risk of sounding excessively PC, what TF is wrong with people

    thinking
    > you're handicapped?
    >
    > Steve

    Sorry about that, I was trying to make a comment on how lame I thought the
    bike was. My appolgies to anyone who is handicapped. I did not mean to
    offend anyone. It's one of those messages that I admit now was ill concieved
    and in hindsight I wish I never had written it.

    I was surfing around looking for info on fitness and biking and Google came
    up with that site. I looked at the videos and laughed my head off. I
    thought I would shoot a quick post here and let others see a truly stupid
    product.

    I am still learning my way on the newsgroups and I believe I might have
    crossed over some line when posting. I plan to be more careful in the
    future.

    As for the handicapped comment, if I saw someone using one of those things,
    that is probably the first thing I would think. I could not handle the
    stares from other people.

    When I see a guy on an recumberent bike, for example, I tend to think. I
    would not buy one, how do you go off road with it? Everyone is looking at
    you dude!

    No offence to the owners of recumberant bikes out there.

    I like mountain bikes, I think they are cool, therefore I mock other bikes.

  10. ain says:

    >Sorry about that, I was trying to make a comment on how lame I thought the
    >bike was.

    No problem.

    >It's one of those messages that I admit now was ill concieved
    >and in hindsight I wish I never had written it.

    We all have a few of those lurking in our pasts.....

    > I looked at the videos and laughed my head off.

    You're only human, right?

    >I am still learning my way on the newsgroups and I believe I might have
    >crossed over some line when posting. I plan to be more careful in the
    >future.

    S'alright - scurry's just got an itchy trigger finger these days. ;-)

    >When I see a guy on an recumberent bike, for example, I tend to think.

    It makes me think, too.

    >No offence to the owners of recumberant bikes out there.

    That's good line, that. Kathleen gets real nasty sometimes. ;-)

    >I like mountain bikes, I think they are cool, therefore I mock other bikes.

    Now you're talkin'!

    Steve "taking the kid and his wife out to Arcadia tomorrow - wish me luck"

  11. scurry

    scurry Guest

    ain wrote:
    > "Stephen Baker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>ain says:
    >>

    >>>Also people might
    >>>think I was handicapped or something.

    >>At the risk of sounding excessively PC, what TF is wrong with people

    > thinking
    >
    >>you're handicapped?
    >>
    >>Steve

    > Sorry about that, I was trying to make a comment on how lame I thought the
    > bike was. My appolgies to anyone who is handicapped. I did not mean to
    > offend anyone. It's one of those messages that I admit now was ill concieved
    > and in hindsight I wish I never had written it.
    >
    > I was surfing around looking for info on fitness and biking and Google came
    > up with that site. I looked at the videos and laughed my head off. I
    > thought I would shoot a quick post here and let others see a truly stupid
    > product.
    >
    > I am still learning my way on the newsgroups and I believe I might have
    > crossed over some line when posting. I plan to be more careful in the
    > future.
    >
    > As for the handicapped comment, if I saw someone using one of those things,
    > that is probably the first thing I would think. I could not handle the
    > stares from other people.
    >
    > When I see a guy on an recumberent bike, for example, I tend to think. I
    > would not buy one, how do you go off road with it? Everyone is looking at
    > you dude!
    >
    > No offence to the owners of recumberant bikes out there.
    >
    > I like mountain bikes, I think they are cool, therefore I mock other bikes.

    Context, good! Now I get it. ;-)
    Yeah, I watched those vids too. OMG what a POS! The guys demo-ing it
    looked like they had a hard time controlling the things. Forget ever
    being able to function in traffic.
    When I saw how far forward all the riders weight goes during the stroke,
    I imagined hitting a low bump at that point and launching. Maybe that's
    how you dismount. Slide forward and ram into a curb. Do it right and
    you land on your feet. Do it wrong and visit the oral surgeon.
    I suspect it was "engineered" by a marketing department somewhere
    (Dilbert come to life-again). Looks good in an infomercial (or spam ;-)
    An indoor rower is a great exerciser (got a Concept2 myself). Putting
    one on a bike is what's really ill conceived. Making a post with too
    little context is a *minor* usenet slip at most (see mine from yesterday).

    Shawn

  12. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 21:41:54 -0600, scurry =

    =

    >> things,
    >> that is probably the first thing I would think. I could not handle t=

    he
    >> stares from other people.
    >> When I see a guy on an recumberent bike, for example, I tend to thin=

    k. =

    >> would not buy one, how do you go off road with it? Everyone is looki=

    ng =

    >> at
    >> you dude!
    >> No offence to the owners of recumberant bikes out there.
    >> I like mountain bikes, I think they are cool, therefore I mock other=

    =

    >> bikes.
    >>

    > Context, good! Now I get it. ;-)
    > Yeah, I watched those vids too. OMG what a POS! The guys demo-ing it=

    =

    > looked like they had a hard time controlling the things. Forget ever =

    =

    > being able to function in traffic.
    > When I saw how far forward all the riders weight goes during the strok=

    e, =

    > I imagined hitting a low bump at that point and launching. Maybe that=

    's =

    > how you dismount. Slide forward and ram into a curb. Do it right and=

    =

    > you land on your feet. Do it wrong and visit the oral surgeon.
    > I suspect it was "engineered" by a marketing department somewhere =

    > (Dilbert come to life-again). Looks good in an infomercial (or spam ;=

    -)
    > An indoor rower is a great exerciser (got a Concept2 myself). Putting=

    =

    > one on a bike is what's really ill conceived. Making a post with too =

    =

    > little context is a *minor* usenet slip at most (see mine from =

    > yesterday).
    >
    > Shawn

    If I saw someone riding one of those stupid sticks-on-wheels contraption=
    s, =

    I'd throw rocks at them just to see if I could knock them over.

    To the OP: If you get one, you better invest in a full-face helmet too; =
    =

    I'll be aiming for the head.

    :::
    Slacker

  13. ain

    ain Guest

    news:eek:[email protected]

    If I saw someone riding one of those stupid sticks-on-wheels contraptions,
    I'd throw rocks at them just to see if I could knock them over.

    To the OP: If you get one, you better invest in a full-face helmet too;
    I'll be aiming for the head.

    :::
    Slacker

    I just went back and read some more of that website. This is the same F*cKer
    that invented roller blades. Now I hate the guy even more.

  14. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    ;
    > I'll be aiming for the head.
    >
    > :::
    > Slacker
    >
    > I just went back and read some more of that website. This is the same =

    =

    > F*cKer
    > that invented roller blades. Now I hate the guy even more.

    I hear he's working on Lance's next TDF winning bike =

    http://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/figures/10001.3-2-8.1.gif

    ::::
    Slacker

  15. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

  16. Slacker says:

    >hehehe... that dude looks like an evil sperm.

    Probably was produced by one.... ;-)

    Steve

  17. Joel Crum

    Joel Crum Guest

    scurry <[email protected]> wrote in news:Tp-
    [email protected]:

    > When I saw how far forward all the riders weight goes during the stroke,
    > I imagined hitting a low bump at that point and launching. Maybe that's
    > how you dismount. Slide forward and ram into a curb. Do it right and
    > you land on your feet.

    You mean like:
    http://www.bikerfox.com/bicycle/hops/images/103.jpg

    http://www.bikerfox.com/bicycle/hops/

    --
    - Joel C.

    "Smile and take your awkward bow. Turn and stumble off the stage. Let the
    rain be your applause, every encore soothe your rage." - "Benediction" by
    The Weakerthans

  18. On 2004-08-07, ain penned:

    > When I see a guy on an recumberent bike, for example, I tend to think.
    > I would not buy one, how do you go off road with it? Everyone is
    > looking at you dude!

    I saw a recumbent at heil valley ranch ... granted, it's an "easy"-rated
    trail around here, but still, not a packed dirt road.

    --
    monique

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
    -- Mark Twain

  19. Kathleen

    Kathleen Guest

    Joel Crum wrote:
    > scurry <[email protected]> wrote in news:Tp-
    > [email protected]:
    >

    >>When I saw how far forward all the riders weight goes during the stroke,
    >>I imagined hitting a low bump at that point and launching. Maybe that's
    >>how you dismount. Slide forward and ram into a curb. Do it right and
    >>you land on your feet.

    > You mean like:
    > http://www.bikerfox.com/bicycle/hops/images/103.jpg
    >
    > http://www.bikerfox.com/bicycle/hops/

    I've done that before, vaulted the handle bars in a panic stop
    situation. Boggled my own mind. I don't think I'd have the nerve to
    try it deliberately, but it's amazing what adrenaline can do for you.
    They don't say on the website, but it's a damned good idea to hit the
    ground running. Every time I've done this, the bike still had a fair
    amount of momentum - enough that it came flipping after me. It'd suck
    to stick the landing and get clobbered from behind.

    Kathleen