Roy Keane : what now ?

limerickman

Jan 5, 2004
The Captain of Manchester United - Roy Keane - was told last week that his contract would not be renewed at Man U.

Keane the inspirational captain of Man U and Ireland ended his twelve year illustrious career in accrimonoious circumstances.

Keand and utd manager Alex Ferguson enjoyed unrivalled success at Utd since 1994.
Their partnership - regarded until recently as rocksolid - dissolved last week.

Keane is said to be in demand by several clubs.

What now. Where should he go ?

Eamonn Dunphy - keanes biographer - suggests Manchester City where he old team mate Stuart Pearce is in charge.

Other commentators suggest Celtic.

Any thoughts ?

The bookies favourite is Celtic and i tend to agree. it was his boyhood dream to play for the bhoys, celtic can out-bid anone (perhaps except Juve who is also linked with Keane) . Pearce is kidding if he think Keane will go to city.

nah, i would love to see him in green and white hoops.

MountainPro said:
The bookies favourite is Celtic and i tend to agree. it was his boyhood dream to play for the bhoys, celtic can out-bid anone (perhaps except Juve who is also linked with Keane) . Pearce is kidding if he think Keane will go to city.

nah, i would love to see him in green and white hoops.
He's too old now and injury prone, at 34 it's time to end his playing career. Bryan Robson did the same scenario some years ago. The time has come the walrus said.

yeah, he's old now. Its just a one year deal we are looking at. Celtic are riding high right now domestically and dont really need player like Keane. We have plenty of quality in the squad right now.

I just want to see him line up to play against Rangers at Celtic Park.

FredC said:
He's too old now and injury prone, at 34 it's time to end his playing career. Bryan Robson did the same scenario some years ago. The time has come the walrus said.

Juve said that they weren't interested in him at the weekend and his old team mate Steve Bruce said that Bimingham don't want him either.

I think Keane ought to retire.

Ya beauty...

Keaney is coming to Celtic.

you heard it here first, Lim its official, spread the joyous news!!!!!

he is coming to Glasgow sign up tomorrow but wont make an appearance til January.

MountainPro said:
Ya beauty...

Keaney is coming to Celtic.

you heard it here first, Lim its official, spread the joyous news!!!!!

MountainPro said:
he is coming to Glasgow sign up tomorrow but wont make an appearance til January.

Celtic were cool about Keane initially.

Look forward to see how he fares there.

Any news on what length of contract ?

limerickman said:
Celtic were cool about Keane initially.

Look forward to see how he fares there.

Any news on what length of contract ?
As far as playing is concerned he's finished. However he could do a fine job as Mr Motivator.

FredC said:
As far as playing is concerned he's finished. However he could do a fine job as Mr Motivator.

He's a shadow of the player he was a few years back, I agree.

FredC said:
youre right, we are talking pure novelty value here. Celtic have a rock solid midfield and he isnt needed. His wage at Man U was £80K per week. Celtic have offered him £20k..ish. Good thing is he hates the huns, should be good on old firm day.

The contract details havent been released and Celtic havent officially released the news yet. There was a leak from 'a source close to the club' ...

go to www.celticfc.co.uk thier official website....nothing about Roy Keane.

prolly 1 year.