RP Kerosenes v Briko Sprinter 3's

Davep

Guest
Rudy Project Kerosenes OR Briko Sprinter 3. I would welcome your comments on the two sunglasses. I'm
leaning towards the RP's at the moment after reading some poor reports of Briko's after sales
service plus the RP's good venting characteristics. Anyone know if you can get the kerosenes for
less than 49.95 pds (Colin Lewis cycles www.clcycles.co.uk )

davep

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:21:01 +0000 (UTC), davep <[email protected]> wrote:

>Rudy Project Kerosenes OR Briko Sprinter 3.

With the prescription inserts or without? I have the kersenes with inserts - quite comfortable, mist
up slightly when stopped in very cold weather but clear rapidly once you start moving again. Rain
tends not to get between the lens and the insert, which is a blessing.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 22:21:01 +0000 (UTC), davep <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Rudy Project Kerosenes OR Briko Sprinter 3.
>
> With the prescription inserts or without? I have the kersenes with inserts - quite comfortable,
> mist up slightly when stopped in very cold weather but clear rapidly once you start moving again.
> Rain tends not to get between the lens and the insert, which is a blessing.
>
> Guy
> ===
> ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com (BT ADSL and
> dynamic DNS permitting)
> NOTE: BT Openworld have now blocked port 25 (without notice), so old mail addresses may no longer
> work. Apologies.

without the prescription inserts. "mist up slightly when stopped in very cold weather" at warmer
temperatures, when stopped or going up a steep hill, they're OK?

davep

On Sat, 1 Mar 2003 15:28:18 +0000 (UTC), davep <[email protected]> wrote:

>without the prescription inserts. "mist up slightly when stopped in very cold weather" at warmer
>temperatures, when stopped or going up a steep hill, they're OK?

Yes, perfectly satisfactory. Probably OK when stopped without the inserts, as well. I have grey,
clear and polaroid inserts; the polaroids are a bit tricky to get in (stiffer) but still not too
bad, all the others slip in and out easily and have never come loose.

I'm quite happy with the Rudys and would probably buy the same again. But get a retaining cord of
the Chinese finger trap variety rather than the Larry Grayson pattern.

Love your email address, by the way. Makes me want to shout DRINK!!!
:)

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)
work. Apologies.

"davep" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> without the prescription inserts. "mist up slightly when stopped in very cold weather" at warmer
> temperatures, when stopped or going up a steep hill, they're OK?

I have the prescription inserts fitted to my Kerosenes, they mist up like b*gga*y when it's really
cold, sometimes I took them off and made do with dodgey eyes when mtbing.

BUT the good news, on a day like today they remain totally mist free, even when stopped to admire
the view or slogging uphill at 7 or 8 mph. I've had 'em a couple of years now and they have my seal
of approval!

Pete

On Sun, 2 Mar 2003 19:28:33 +0000 (UTC), "Peter B" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I have the prescription inserts fitted to my Kerosenes, they mist up like b*gga*y when it's really
>cold, sometimes I took them off and made do with dodgey eyes when mtbing.

I will be honest, I have no significant experience of using them offroad. I use them almost
exclusvely on road.

Guy
===
dynamic DNS permitting)