RR 2 Rides Today

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bill Wheeler, Mar 8, 2003.

  1. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    It was absolutely a perfect day for a ride...or two.

    Ride one: It's been killin' me not riding the trails, so today late morning me, my SS, and my
    little girl went for a Suburban assault ride. (lol, Suburban assault, I'm killin' myself here
    someone stop me)

    Played follow the leader up and down the street. I couldn't get her to try a nose wheelie though.
    She says she's not big enough yet. At least she knows her limits. I did get her to do a small track
    stand, I was impressed she held it for a good 2 seconds...d'oh! It's a start after all she's only 8.

    I didn't have my clipless shoes on so that made hopping a little difficult but still fun. That was a
    little to complex for her. We had fun for a good hour or so. What a beautiful day for a ride.

    Ride two: After a losing effort playing in my mixed league. I really needed to get in some saddle
    time on the road bike. It was getting late afternoon and around 4:30 pm it started to chill down a
    bit. My bike computer read 48 F. Still a very pleasant temperature to ride
    in. Did a quick 16 miler at an average of 18 mph. Damn fast for me considering the hills
    involved...... All in all it was a great day for a ride.

    Peace, Bill

    :-]

    Tags:

  2. Martees

    Martees Guest

    > It was absolutely a perfect day for a ride...or two.
    >
    > Ride one: It's been killin' me not riding the trails, so today late morning me, my SS, and my
    > little girl went for a Suburban assault ride. (lol, Suburban assault, I'm killin' myself here
    > someone stop me)
    >
    > Played follow the leader up and down the street. I couldn't get her to try a nose wheelie though.
    > She says she's not big enough yet. At least she knows her limits. I did get her to do a small
    > track stand, I was impressed she held it for a good 2 seconds...d'oh! It's a start after all
    > she's only 8.
    >
    > I didn't have my clipless shoes on so that made hopping a little difficult but still fun. That was
    > a little to complex for her. We had fun for a good hour or so. What a beautiful day for a ride.
    >
    > Ride two: After a losing effort playing in my mixed league. I really needed to get in some saddle
    > time on the road bike. It was getting late afternoon and around 4:30 pm it started to chill down a
    > bit. My bike computer read 48 F. Still a very pleasant temperature to ride
    > in. Did a quick 16 miler at an average of 18 mph. Damn fast for me considering the hills
    > involved...... All in all it was a great day for a ride.
    >
    > Peace, Bill
    >
    > The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
    > give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    > :-]

    It was a nice day. I THOUGHT about riding today. Does that count?

    Didn't make it though. We had our 6 year olds birthday party today.

    Marty