RR 2 Rides Today

Bill Wheeler

Guest
It was absolutely a perfect day for a ride...or two.

Ride one: It's been killin' me not riding the trails, so today late morning me, my SS, and my
little girl went for a Suburban assault ride. (lol, Suburban assault, I'm killin' myself here
someone stop me)

Played follow the leader up and down the street. I couldn't get her to try a nose wheelie though.
She says she's not big enough yet. At least she knows her limits. I did get her to do a small track
stand, I was impressed she held it for a good 2 seconds...d'oh! It's a start after all she's only 8.

I didn't have my clipless shoes on so that made hopping a little difficult but still fun. That was a
little to complex for her. We had fun for a good hour or so. What a beautiful day for a ride.

Ride two: After a losing effort playing in my mixed league. I really needed to get in some saddle
time on the road bike. It was getting late afternoon and around 4:30 pm it started to chill down a
bit. My bike computer read 48 F. Still a very pleasant temperature to ride
in. Did a quick 16 miler at an average of 18 mph. Damn fast for me considering the hills
involved...... All in all it was a great day for a ride.

Peace, Bill

:-]

> It was absolutely a perfect day for a ride...or two.
>
> Ride one: It's been killin' me not riding the trails, so today late morning me, my SS, and my
> little girl went for a Suburban assault ride. (lol, Suburban assault, I'm killin' myself here
> someone stop me)
>
> Played follow the leader up and down the street. I couldn't get her to try a nose wheelie though.
> She says she's not big enough yet. At least she knows her limits. I did get her to do a small
> track stand, I was impressed she held it for a good 2 seconds...d'oh! It's a start after all
> she's only 8.
>
> I didn't have my clipless shoes on so that made hopping a little difficult but still fun. That was
> a little to complex for her. We had fun for a good hour or so. What a beautiful day for a ride.
>
> Ride two: After a losing effort playing in my mixed league. I really needed to get in some saddle
> time on the road bike. It was getting late afternoon and around 4:30 pm it started to chill down a
> bit. My bike computer read 48 F. Still a very pleasant temperature to ride
> in. Did a quick 16 miler at an average of 18 mph. Damn fast for me considering the hills
> involved...... All in all it was a great day for a ride.
>
> Peace, Bill
>
> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

It was a nice day. I THOUGHT about riding today. Does that count?

Didn't make it though. We had our 6 year olds birthday party today.

Marty