RR: Back on the bike

Bomba

Guest
After several weeks of my bike being in storage, dark evenings and being out the the country at
weekends, I finally got the chance to go out on the mountain bike.

This morning started out pretty overcast, but about 10am the clouds cleared and it turned in to a
glorious winter day. Chucked on the GRT (gay roadie tights), grabbed the bike and went exploring in
the forests between Ratingen and Dusseldorf.

There's not much to write about really - the most technical bit of riding was avoiding the horse
**** and the highest point was riding a fly-over above the motorway. Still, it was good to be back
in the saddle. After a couple of hours, I turned back as I was beginning to lose feeling in my toes
(must buy some of those GR booties).

I was spoilt in Luxembourg by living on the doorstep of some great riding. Looks like I'm now going
to have to start travelling some distances to experience decent riding. The Eifel region (the
German section of the Ardennes) is a couple of hours down the road. Now all I have to do, is find
some routes.

On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:12:15 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

>After several weeks of my bike being in storage, dark evenings and being out the the country at
>weekends, I finally got the chance to go out on the mountain bike.
>
>This morning started out pretty overcast, but about 10am the clouds cleared and it turned in to a
>glorious winter day. Chucked on the GRT (gay roadie tights), grabbed the bike and went exploring in
>the forests between Ratingen and Dusseldorf.
>
>There's not much to write about really - the most technical bit of riding was avoiding the horse
>**** and the highest point was riding a fly-over above the motorway. Still, it was good to be back
>in the saddle. After a couple of hours, I turned back as I was beginning to lose feeling in my toes
>(must buy some of those GR booties).
>
>I was spoilt in Luxembourg by living on the doorstep of some great riding. Looks like I'm now going
>to have to start travelling some distances to experience decent riding. The Eifel region (the
>German section of the Ardennes) is a couple of hours down the road. Now all I have to do, is find
>some routes.

Nice, hope you're riding your SS ;-) Stay safe over there.

Bill

:-]

> After several weeks of my bike being in storage, dark evenings and being out the the country at
> weekends, I finally got the chance to go out on the mountain bike.
>
> This morning started out pretty overcast, but about 10am the clouds cleared and it turned in to a
> glorious winter day. Chucked on the GRT (gay roadie tights), grabbed the bike and went exploring
> in the forests between Ratingen and Dusseldorf.
>
> There's not much to write about really - the most technical bit of riding was avoiding the horse
> **** and the highest point was riding a fly-over above the motorway. Still, it was good to be back
> in the saddle. After a couple of hours, I turned back as I was beginning to lose feeling in my
> toes (must buy some of those GR booties).
>
> I was spoilt in Luxembourg by living on the doorstep of some great riding. Looks like I'm now
> going to have to start travelling some distances to experience decent riding. The Eifel region
> (the German section of the Ardennes) is a couple of hours down the road. Now all I have to do, is
> find some routes.

Whe-heeeyyyyy! ',;~}

Shaun aRe