RR: Back on the dirt

Rob

Guest
The text message from Yvonne said "NARROWNECK IS ON FOR SUNDAY SEE YA TONIGHT", I was excited - I
hadn't had a decent mtb ride for 10 weeks after breaking an ankle canyoning. Saturday night I met up
with my friends and Yvonne to see Warren Miller's Storm (the traditional build up for the ski
season) and try talk the rest into coming along.Yvonne's friend the Doc was in but nothing but the
usual excuses from the rest. So it was to be just me and the two poms.

Sunday morning was beautiful in Sydney but Katoomba in the Blue Mountains was cold & windy. Once
riding I warmed up very quickly, fighting hard to avoid really testing the ankle by launching off
the water bars. A couple of short steep climbs and a couple of falls. The climbs weren't technical
but slippery after recent rain (and that reflex unclipping from the cleats wasn't working properly
just yet).

Only about 20km and all fire road (no cars or motorbikes) but good stuff for a desperate man.

A few pics here http://au.geocities.com/kanangara/narrowneckride/.

Rob

"Rob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> The text message from Yvonne said "NARROWNECK IS ON FOR SUNDAY SEE YA TONIGHT", I was excited - I
> hadn't had a decent mtb ride for 10 weeks after breaking an ankle canyoning. Saturday night I met
> up with my friends and Yvonne to see Warren Miller's Storm (the traditional build up for the ski
> season) and try talk the rest into coming along.Yvonne's friend the Doc was in but nothing but the
> usual excuses from the rest. So it was to be just me and the two poms.
>
> Sunday morning was beautiful in Sydney but Katoomba in the Blue Mountains was cold & windy. Once
> riding I warmed up very quickly, fighting hard to avoid really testing the ankle by launching off
> the water bars. A couple of short steep climbs and a couple of falls. The climbs weren't technical
> but slippery after recent rain (and that reflex unclipping from the cleats wasn't working properly
> just yet).
>
> Only about 20km and all fire road (no cars or motorbikes) but good stuff for a desperate man.
>
> A few pics here http://au.geocities.com/kanangara/narrowneckride/.
>
> Rob

Cool stuff. I think I'll get the SS out and ride some doubletracks on the Roan Plateau today. Thanks
for the idea.

JD

[email protected] (Corvus Corvax) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (JD) wrote
> >
> > I think I'll get the SS out and ride some doubletracks
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^ Dude, are you feeling ok?

As a matter of fact, I have the sinus crud right now and it sucks. That didn't stop me yesterday
though, as I rode about 30 miles and did about 3,000ft of climbing/descending on a doubletrack out &
back. It was nice and cool up there.

JD