RR: Bedding it in at Reimer's

Anthony Sloan

Guest
So early this morning I picked up the good Doctor and headed out to Reimer's Ranch for another
bedding-in session. They've just completed a nice 12 mile loop, with more option sections slated for
later delivery.

We had 3 truths, da Blur and a Hammerhead 100x. S'always nice to see nice steedage.

The squall line that moved through yesterday made conditions nice and tacky. Unfortunately they also
made the humidity feel like close to 2000%.

Most of the trails around here are packed into woods, with only a few sections where you break
out of the canopy. Reimer's differs in that it is nice open oak scrubland. So you can see what's
going on around you and open the bike up a bit more. Under the August sun that could be a bit of
a bear though.

The trail flows really sweetly, even if it does need some burning in. It is well thought out, and
knows what to do with a contour line. There are some smooth sections with big sweeping turns and
some nice transitions into tight and technical sections. Plus we got a sneak peek at some of the
wickedly technical sections that will be added later on.

And the Prickly Pear are blooming!

It is great to see a nw trail being added to our burgeoning quiver of central Texas rides,
especially since our state is strapped for any public lands.

On Wed, 07 May 2003 12:22:18 -0700, Anthony Sloan wrote:

> The squall line that moved through yesterday made conditions nice and tacky. Unfortunately they
> also made the humidity feel like close to 2000%.

Get a snorkel. ;)

> And the Prickly Pear are blooming!

Ahh, beautiful!

gabrielle