RR: bless the neighborhood BMX rat

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Natas Lived, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Natas Lived

Natas Lived Guest

Couldn't put it off anymore. Had to mow the front yard. I haven't watered it once this year and it
    is still growing like crazy. Finished the front part and realized that I needed more trash bags.

Grabbed a water bottle, and my backpack and hopped on my old Klein Pulse Comp and

headed to the Alberstons across the street from my subdivision. Jumped the two big speed bumps, rode
    up on the sidewalk and dropped the two small sets of stairs.

After leaving the store I was trying to decide what route to take back home. I was in no hurry to
    get back to the mower. I decided to cut down through a different subdivision and go by the rec
    center. Bombed down the grass slopes heading to the path around the soccer fields. Hit the set of
    stairs and started on the loop around.

Once I got on the creek side path that goes through the middle of the subdivision. I noticed a
    fenced path coming out from between some of the houses on the other side of the creek. Right away I
    see that it turns to dirt.

I have to check it out.

I find it and hit the path. The concrete isn't any longer then the house's lot and then it turns to
    dirt. Nice drop off transition as well. Then right away an even bigger sloped drop off. That lead to
    some little whoops that the BMX rats dug, and then a city built sculpted concrete drainage area that
    makes a nice creek crossing point.

Then back up onto the main bike path. Like most urban single track it was short and sweet. I
    couldn't help myself and I went back and did it again.

Tags:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.