RR: [BNE] Murarrie Crits, D-grade, 16DEC2006.

monsterman said:
He got busted at southbank with a parge packet of boiled sweets .. .. ..:eek: :D
Kids these days don't fall for the old boiled lollies. They want bling for their arses.

LotteBum wrote:
> monsterman Wrote:
> > He got busted at southbank with a parge packet of boiled sweets .. ..
> > ..:eek: :D

> Kids these days don't fall for the old boiled lollies. They want bling
> for their arses.
>

> --
> LotteBum

I don't think old bike frames quite qualify as bling or lure. I would
be more likely to get mugged and chucked in the river. My kids are
quite sick of getting old bikes (except the latest hand-me-down).

Donga

adam85 said:
Paulie - I have two if you want to borrow one (one bare frame/fork) one built bike.

Adam
Thanks for the offer Adam, but I would hate to crash/damage someone else's frame. I am going to have to stick to the high intensity MTB training.

It is actually working better than the road k's. I really need to ride harder on the roadie I think.:(

Paul

Rhino-x said:
And if your tall, I have spare 58-60cm frames sitting somewhere....
Thanks but I am a bit shorter than that. 54cm frame for me :D . MTB k's have been fun of late.

Paulie-AU said:
Thanks but I am a bit shorter than that. 54cm frame for me :D . MTB k's have been fun of late.
I have a nice, new Trek you can borrow. *snigger*

Duracell Bunny said:
Brakes a bit too good for you, are they?
(ducks & runs. Fast.)
Actually, despite not one single negative experience with my v-brakes, I've already had one with my disc brakes. I had a minor stack the other week and moved the caliper ever so slightly, causing the brakes to make a horrendous squealing noise much to other riders dismay. Eventually someone stopped and fixed it for me.

So there. Definitly a downside. But I do like them. I feel a little more in control of my braking these days.

That said, I think everyone should start mountain biking on a rigid with centre pull brakes. People who start on disc braked 28 speed beasts, are serious sissies.

HAR!

LotteBum said:
That said, I think everyone should start mountain biking on a rigid with centre pull brakes. People who start on disc braked 28 speed beasts, are serious sissies.

HAR!
Where do they hide the extra gear? Is it a sekrit gear?:p

LotteBum said:
That said, I think everyone should start mountain biking on a rigid with centre pull brakes. People who start on disc braked 28 speed beasts, are serious sissies.

HAR!
I make no secret of it, I need all the help I can get, just to stay upright on the MTB some days
Yep, I'm a serious sissy.:)

Paulie-AU wrote:
> Rhino-x Wrote:
> > And if your tall, I have spare 58-60cm frames sitting somewhere....

> Thanks but I am a bit shorter than that. 54cm frame for me :D . MTB
> k's have been fun of late.

I'm a 54 dude, and I have two bikes...!

Tam