RR: "boring" "single"track

John Allison

Guest
So this past weekend the homebrew club had a picnic/campout at Heil Valley Ranch, which has a county
trail, typical sububran-accessible 3 ft wide "single"track used by hikers and horses almost as much
as mtbers.

Filled up my Sigg metal water bottle with beer and headed out with 2 other club members. Spent alot
of time waiting on one guy gerbilling up what I middle-ringed, and I consider myself a wuss. He was
slow but not discouraged, but we eventually got tired of waiting and starting yo-yoing from
checkpoints back down to our buddy. A decent lollipop really,
2.5mi up, 2.5mi loop, then 2.5mi back down, with a nice scenic overlook onto the canyon in the
middle of the loop. Didn't stay long as we could see the rain and lightning moving in < 1mi away.
Ended up barely sprinkling on us.

So it was fun, and I finally got to ride with the other cyclists in the club. We aired it out a bit
on the downhill, as most are wont to do, and I was feeling good. Getting set up for one of the few
switchbacks, this the widest of them, next to a kinda neat old sandstone block house, and waddya
know there's a tree grabbing my handlebars. AT-4s but still knocked me off. D'oh! that was stupid,
but all was okay esp we got back to camp for food, beer, and mead. mmmm...beer

John

John Allison wrote: <snip nice!>
> and waddya know there's a tree grabbing my handlebars. AT-4s but still knocked me off. D'oh! that
> was stupid, but all was okay esp we got back to camp for food, beer, and mead. mmmm...beer
>
> John

Maybe that should now be called an "Armstrong", I have the rights :)
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

On 29 Jul 2003 20:36:45 -0600, [email protected] (John Allison) wrote:

|So this past weekend the homebrew club had a picnic/campout |at Heil Valley Ranch, which has a
county trail, typical |sububran-accessible 3 ft wide "single"track used by hikers |and horses almost
as much as mtbers.

|Filled up my Sigg metal water bottle with beer and headed |out with 2 other club members.

Lame.

I just take bottles.

In article <[email protected]>, P e t e F a g e r l i n
<[email protected]> wrote:
>On 29 Jul 2003 20:36:45 -0600, [email protected] (John Allison) wrote: |Filled up my Sigg metal
>water bottle with beer and headed |out with 2 other club members.
>
>Lame.
>
>I just take bottles.

No beer bottles around. All was kegs, a bit much for me to carry. A 22oz does fit nicely in the
cage, tho. John