RR: "boring" "single"track

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John Allison, Jul 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Allison

    John Allison Guest

    So this past weekend the homebrew club had a picnic/campout at Heil Valley Ranch, which has a county
    trail, typical sububran-accessible 3 ft wide "single"track used by hikers and horses almost as much
    as mtbers.

    Filled up my Sigg metal water bottle with beer and headed out with 2 other club members. Spent alot
    of time waiting on one guy gerbilling up what I middle-ringed, and I consider myself a wuss. He was
    slow but not discouraged, but we eventually got tired of waiting and starting yo-yoing from
    checkpoints back down to our buddy. A decent lollipop really,
    2.5mi up, 2.5mi loop, then 2.5mi back down, with a nice scenic overlook onto the canyon in the
    middle of the loop. Didn't stay long as we could see the rain and lightning moving in < 1mi away.
    Ended up barely sprinkling on us.

    So it was fun, and I finally got to ride with the other cyclists in the club. We aired it out a bit
    on the downhill, as most are wont to do, and I was feeling good. Getting set up for one of the few
    switchbacks, this the widest of them, next to a kinda neat old sandstone block house, and waddya
    know there's a tree grabbing my handlebars. AT-4s but still knocked me off. D'oh! that was stupid,
    but all was okay esp we got back to camp for food, beer, and mead. mmmm...beer

    John
     
    Tags:


  2. John Allison wrote: <snip nice!>
    > and waddya know there's a tree grabbing my handlebars. AT-4s but still knocked me off. D'oh! that
    > was stupid, but all was okay esp we got back to camp for food, beer, and mead. mmmm...beer
    >
    > John

    Maybe that should now be called an "Armstrong", I have the rights :)
    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)
     
  3. On 29 Jul 2003 20:36:45 -0600, [email protected] (John Allison) wrote:

    |So this past weekend the homebrew club had a picnic/campout |at Heil Valley Ranch, which has a
    county trail, typical |sububran-accessible 3 ft wide "single"track used by hikers |and horses almost
    as much as mtbers.
    |
    |Filled up my Sigg metal water bottle with beer and headed |out with 2 other club members.

    Lame.

    I just take bottles.
     
  4. John Allison

    John Allison Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, P e t e F a g e r l i n
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On 29 Jul 2003 20:36:45 -0600, [email protected] (John Allison) wrote: |Filled up my Sigg metal
    >water bottle with beer and headed |out with 2 other club members.
    >
    >Lame.
    >
    >I just take bottles.

    No beer bottles around. All was kegs, a bit much for me to carry. A 22oz does fit nicely in the
    cage, tho. John
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Loading...