RR Broadford handicap

essendon93

Aug 20, 2004
I was given a handicap of 15mins with a bunch of C-graders. The course consisted an out and back, with 4 laps of a loop in the middle. All up distance was 71km.

Managed to set a new record for me, by getting dropped inside 8mins. Preceded to then ride by myself for the next 1.5 laps, managed to catch up to someone else. Eventually the B-grade group caught up to us, and luckily I was able to sit on the back. Did the odd turn just to keep the natives happy. Not sure how I managed it, but was able to hang on until about 1/2 of lap 4 remaining, when a couple of guys attacked. That was all she wrote, got dropped again, at least a had a little company this time. Rode back absolutely knackered.

All 3 combine races I've been dropped!

Stats
Distance 71.4 km
Av speed 33km/hr
Ascension 870m
Av HR 170 approx

essendon93 said:
I was given a handicap of 15mins with a bunch of C-graders. The course consisted an out and back, with 4 laps of a loop in the middle. All up distance was 71km.

Managed to set a new record for me, by getting dropped inside 8mins. Preceded to then ride by myself for the next 1.5 laps, managed to catch up to someone else. Eventually the B-grade group caught up to us, and luckily I was able to sit on the back. Did the odd turn just to keep the natives happy. Not sure how I managed it, but was able to hang on until about 1/2 of lap 4 remaining, when a couple of guys attacked. That was all she wrote, got dropped again, at least a had a little company this time. Rode back absolutely knackered.

All 3 combine races I've been dropped!

Stats
Distance 71.4 km
Av speed 33km/hr
Ascension 870m
Av HR 170 approx

It will happen soon. A little bit of luck, I'll have a go next week and see if I can keep in contact. Some teamwork could help.

Ritch

'you cant win them all' :D

your team obviously just gears itself up for the one big tour each year? :D:D

PS friggin high average HR :eek:

flyingdutch said:
'you cant win them all' :D

your team obviously just gears itself up for the one big tour each year? :D:D
haha aim this week is to try and hang onto the bunch this time, thinking about tour of Bright in Dec...looks interesting!

PS friggin high average HR :eek:
Yeah you could say I was a little tired at the end :)

Ritch next race is a handicap at Carlsruhe

>thinking about tour of Bright in Dec...looks interesting!

me++. Also looking at doing deBortoli tour
(http://db-tour.bl.echidna.id.au) this year. I'm taking a bit of time
off now (so no BRs for me for a while), to start up some serious
training for this next month.

Don't know the exact date but me thinks that it's the same as the
"Dougerty Engineering Tour" listed in CSVs calendar
(http://www.vic.cycling.org.au/Fixture/Road/2006/2006_ROAD_FIXTURE.htm),
ie Nov Fri 17th - 19th. It would be great to get confirmation on these
dates from someone who knows.

-Andres.